Total Newb to the electrons

CatButt

In my perfect world I hook all the reds together and all the blacks together and call it good...I do not, however, live in my perfect world.

I am a new, to me, 2019 Hawk owner, it has 2 batteries already. I had a VMax Tanks 125ah battery lying around that I replaced with one of the factory FWC batteries. Yes, I know not ideal, but the FWC batteries and the VMax were both near new...and if they crap the bed sooner that later I'll upgrade to lithium and Robert is your mom's brother.

I installed a Victron wireless shunt so I can watch the ebb and flow of electrons...however, to maximize accuracy I need some help with the programing. It asks a lot of questions that I cannot find answers to...and maybe don't even need to bother myself with.

Can someone help with the "battery" and "alarm" programing portion of Victrons app please?

I will be adding solar (Renogy flexi 175s (2 each) on the way) and using a Victron 100/50 MPPT, and will likely add a DC/DC charger when I do go lithium...just for added info.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You can ignore the alarm stuff for now. With two different batteries, that section gets more complicated. Start by looking up what the charging parameters are for each battery. Vmax will have manufacturer's spec sheets for sure.

The parameters are a tad vague...https://www.vmaxtanks.com/SLR125-12Volts-125AH-Deep-Cycle-Solar-AGM-Battery_p_38.html

I basically fully charged the two batteries let them sit overnight with no load at all. I think they settled at 12.78v. Then I set that as the new 100% charged and used that as to set my discharge alarm. But there are some other settings like Voltage Tail...or something like that...not connected to the shunt right now so I can't remember exactly.

Back
Top Bottom