Touchless Carwash OK?

wicked1

I searched a little, but probably not far enough back because I'm sure this has been covered. but, I did look back a couple pages w/out a hit, so I'll just ask...

Is a touchless carwash safe for the camper? I've been out in the snow and salted roads, and want to wash off all the salt. It's too cold to wash it w/ a hose at my home. So I found a large touchless drive-through wash in my area, where they wash big work trucks, etc.
I'm just not sure about the jets of water blasting directly into the furnace exhaust and other vents on the sides of the camper.

Thanks for any advice.

I've used them - the self-wash variety. Be sure to angle the spray downwards though so that the angle of the vent louvres works as intended. Also, go into the camper and wipe up any water that does get through.

Just my opinion...I wouldn't. I use the self washer where I can direct the water away from those vents, and away from the bed of the truck (I usually have things stored in there if I'm traveling). I have the Isotherm Fridge and to dump a lot of water in the back side of that for instance would just fill the cabinet with water. There is no real drain there.

I wonder if the touchless place has an undercarriage only option... That would be ideal. I mostly want to wash off my truck frame, as Toyotas are known for rust issues.

Otherwise, I did find a heated self wash place.. Heated water. Sounds like that is probably my best option.

Thanks for the replies.

Would not advise on this type of wash, very high pressure, they use a acid type wash solution. You would get water into areas of your camper that would not be good.

Consider using Salt Away or Salt Terminator with their hose adapter. It neutralizes the salt. I use it on my boat after boating in ocean and also spray rear end & undercarriage of truck after pulling boat out of saltwater.

Any marine boating store like West Marine will carry both.

Paul

Bad idea. Most of those places wouldn't allow a camper through due to height limitations and damage to the camper and their equipment. FWC doesn't recommend high pressure washes.

Back
Top Bottom