Treatment for Popup Material

85K54WC

The material on my Blazer FWC is in good shape and I want to keep it so. Is there something to treat it with, something I could do for maintenance to keep the material in as good a shape as possilbe.

I am packing for a three month trip. I use this camper a lot and feel my maintenace should be better on the soft top. Any information on products would be appreciated.

303 is the best. I use it two times a year inside and out..

Thanks Fish More and Stew. Can this be purchased at an auto parts store or hardware store? Thanks again for the help.

Changed my bulbs to LED and they seem bright enough. Got to go camping this week to insure everything is in working order after the winter hiatus. Need to move my gasoline storage outside the trailer. Sorry, thinking out loud.

Ditto. 303 Protectant.

Attachments

• IMG00183.jpg
    IMG00183.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 154
Thanks Fish More and Stew. Can this be purchased at an auto parts store or hardware store?

I ordered it online but after these many years, I couldn't tell you where. Sorry.

PS: Nice looking rig there, K5. I once had a Jimmy of that vintage that I kept until 190k miles. The last I saw the Jimmy, it was being used as plow. Rough retirement, eh?

PS: Nice looking rig there, K5. I once had a Jimmy of that vintage that I kept until 190k miles. The last I saw the Jimmy, it was being used as plow. Rough retirement, eh?

Yes that is a rough retirement. The K5's are getting harder to find in decent shape. I will check on the computer for 303, thanks again.

Yes that is a rough retirement. The K5's are getting harder to find in decent shape. I will check on the computer for 303, thanks again.

West Marine has it on the shelf or mail order.

Nice K5 I had a 1977 until I went to a 2005 Tundra.

85K54WC,

Wish I could do a 3 month trip. Have fun digging if that is what you are doing. I am taking mine fishing next weekend. steelhead run. Morels will be out soon and I will head up north about 150 miles for the weekend. One weekend fishing trip in the U.P. in June, and a couple weeks with my daughter travelling the U.P. in July.

Retirement is great, unfortunately pain is the main reason I go West. I am looking forward to some excellent fossil hunting land that I haven't been on before. Going to try and stay in the field for 30 days at a time, we will see how it goes. It is a 100 mile round trip to get supplies so won't be going often.

Glad to see your enjoying your K5 and camper. I will never sell this unit. I may swap Blazers at some point but will always keep the camper. That is part of the adventure to take off on a 1,000 mile trip in a 25 year old truck. If something happens it just becomes part of the journey, did I mention retirement is nice.

Keep in touch, would like to hear your trip details. I bought a Yamaha 2000 generator so can keep in touch by cell phone and wireless internet. Good luck on your fishing trips, sounds like fun.

Steve

Here:

http://www.wheretobuy303.com/

Thanks Desert Rancher and to everyone who replied with help. I am going to use the 303 protectant on my trailer cover too.

Attachments

• IMG00160.jpg
    IMG00160.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 124
Greeting from Sunny South ( too much Rain & Mildew ) I had to do a Major Passover Cleaning yesterday & today due to leaving my Granby closed too long. Happy Easter to all.

Attachments

• Granby Passover cleaning 03 30 10.jpg
    Granby Passover cleaning 03 30 10.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 132
Greeting from Sunny South ( too much Rain & Mildew ) I had to do a Major Passover Cleaning yesterday & today due to leaving my Granby closed too long. Happy Easter to all.

Wow, Gent, I guess you should have opened it up a few times during the rainy season! Did it leak? Would some type of RV cover have helped? I know others use tarps and covers, etc.

Did you use 303 to clean the pop-up material?

Back
Top Bottom