trim question with pics

New to this

Hi all as you see I've started work on the ol' granby. Here is my big question of the day...

If I pull the trim covering the top of the siding off will the canvas let go, meaning will the canvas slide up so I can capture it between the trim and frame?

Another way of asking the same question... How is the canvas attached?

Thanks

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1368.JPG
    IMG_1368.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 194
Ouch!

Looks like damage from an old (really short) set of those portable cable jacks.

:(

REVISED MONDAY 2:00PM:

The soft sides (pop-up) portion of the camper is not stapled to the lower camper frame.

:(

When they installed the soft sided "pop-up" portion on the camper, the soft liner is stapled at the top to hold it in place, BUT on the bottom, the fabric is LONG when they are installing it. The guys in the shop will tug down on the extra fabric, and while holding it tight in place, someone else will attached the trim around the entire lower frame to hold the soft liner in place. Once the trim is installed, they will cut off any excess fabric.

If you remove the lower trim and the liner comes loose, it might be hard to stretch it back in place.

It is best NOT to mess around with the pop-up fabric on the old campers unless you are going to switch it out with new pop-up fabric all around.

After a camper is 25 - 30 years old the fabric can shrink a little.

Hope this helps.

Our service department be reached at 800-242-1442 if you need further tips & tricks.

PS: Thanks Gnarwhal for pointing that out.

It made me make time to go ask the guys in the shop how they used to do it.

:)

Here is a picture from my 1998 FWC Ranger II. I can't say I remember staples on the bottom portion of the sideliner, they were holding it to the roof though. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 133
Right on guys,

Thanks for the input. I think that I will work around the trim by adding another trim piece under the current one so as not to disrupt the current trim.

Dave

Oh and Yea this was a result of the old style jacks.

Back
Top Bottom