Trimetric Battery monitor

willb122

Hi all,

Could someone point me to a how-to guide to installing a trimetric battery monitor? I've got a 2013 Fleet with the two battery setup and am trying to install a monitor for the rig. Thanks in advance!

Will

There should have been a manual in the box with it that goes thru wiring & setting it up. Initially they aren't too clear, but if you follow them with faith it will start to make some sense eventually.

It's all about the shunt. ;) Make sure you take a picture of your existing battery wiring before you start and read through the instructions a few times and you should find it's pretty straightforward.

Installation of the monitor is a great thing for you camper. I love mine and hopefully you will get great use out of it too.

It can be a little confusing putting it all together. Once you realize that all of the electricity has to pass through the negative line through the shunt the wiring makes more sense. If anything skips the shunt the system is not accurate.

Here is a topic about some prior installations that might be helpful for you: trimetric link.

I like the Trimetric, just not the price. Has anyone tried two of these??

bayite DC 6.5-100V 0-100A LCD Display Digital Current Voltage Power Energy Meter Multimeter Ammeter Voltmeter with 100A Current Shunt

Price:

$45.00

Sale:

$19.75 Free Shipping for Prime Members

61j-8zOCkFL._SL1200_.jpg

71UVV-ZKEmL._SL1500_.jpg

Bill,

I have not tried that one - although it looks interesting and hard to beat the price.

I have tried this one out with some interesting results:

Zamp Solar BMPRO1 Bluetooth Battery Monitor

515-B9WZUUL.jpg

It works as a shunt to connect directly to your batteries. Then you put an app on your phone that tells you the amps, volts and percentage of charge in the app.

Pros:
Very easy to hook up - no need to drill holes, etc...
App read out is very cool - you can watch it in your truck while it is running so you can see if it's charging
Cheaper than Trimetric
Transfer it easily to another vehicle
Accuracy is close to Trimetric

Cons:
The bluetooth connection has issues - it does not like to stay connected and resetting it is painful
It's not the Trimetric which has way more information and data
Accuracy is close to Trimetric but does differ some and not 100%
For the price, you are probably better off getting the trimetric

I've had both systems and the Battery Check has some merits, but the bluetooth connection is bad. You often reset it and it's not worth the money as compared to the trimetric. I would consider it if you battery compartment is hard to get to, you don't like the wiring of the Trimetric (which can be a challenge) or you want something easier to monitor your amps, volts and percentage of charge.

If you are interested, here's the amazon link.

Back
Top Bottom