Trip to Denver

takesiteasy

We took a driving trip to Denver to visit our son who is relocating there from the Bay Area. The trip didn't provide a lot of blog material but I took a few photos and wrote it up anyway. We camped at Rocky Mountain National Park and enjoyed driving the Trail Ridge Road. We saw some nice scenery and lots of wildlife through Colorado, Nebraska and South Dakota. We will be back that way again in the future for sure.

http://travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com/2019/07/trip-to-denver.html

IMG_6385.JPG

Nice trip, and a trip down memory lane for us: We honeymooned in RMNP approximately 175 years ago and just back in 2015 we spent two nights at the NF campground at Halsey, NE. We have pretty much the exact same snapshot of the river and bridge there. But we could have done without the coal trains running all night.

Enjoyed the TR and thanks for posting it!

Foy

ski3pin said:
You were able to see some wonderful country! We enjoyed your travel story, thanks! :)
Ski, thanks for your comment :)

Foy said:
Nice trip, and a trip down memory lane for us: We honeymooned in RMNP approximately 175 years ago and just back in 2015 we spent two nights at the NF campground at Halsey, NE. We have pretty much the exact same snapshot of the river and bridge there. But we could have done without the coal trains running all night.

Enjoyed the TR and thanks for posting it!

Foy
Foy, yes, those trains rumbling by and blowing their whistles provide a unique ambiance for camping. Glad to have provided some memory triggers for you. Thanks for your comments. :)

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
I’ve not been in Colorado for far too long. Thanks for your report.
Thanks for your comment. I agree there are a lot a great places to go in Colorado- we will be back for sure for more exploring.

Back
Top Bottom