Trip to Moran state Park

BenG

Took off for western part of Washington state to catch a Ferry out of Anacortes to Orcas Island, the ride to island takes about 1 1/2 hours,you see alot of islands along the way, once on Ocras Island we headed for Moran State Park, its located towards the middle of the island with over 5,000 acres and over thirty miles of trails, for biking and hiking, and it also has 5 lakes, we stayed at Mountain Lake campground , right next to the lake, enjoyed the camping and exploring on the Island, during the off season I is alot of fun there, don't know if I want to camp there during peak season, think everything be filled up in the camp grounds. Our stay there was nice and relaxing, weather wasn't the greatest but we made do, even got some fishing in, and caught some nice trout for dinner.
Sunday we headed back to the mainland and east on HWY2 over Stevens Pass,we spend a couple more nights in Wenatchee National Forest, where we got rained and snowed on, but it too was a nice stay, we covered alot of ground from the east part of the state to western part, and back, and got to see alot of nice country, if I was better at attaching pic post more, but had to resize the couple I posted here vaction trip april2010 018.jpgvaction trip april2010 025.jpgvaction trip april2010 032.jpgvaction trip april2010 043.jpgvaction trip april2010 094.jpgvaction trip april2010 101.jpgvaction trip april2010 074.jpg

Nice!
Moran is crazy come summer. Nicer mid week. Lopez is nice off season as well.
Drove the Northcascades two weekends ago. Not much snow then.....I wonder about now!!

Thanks for the write up

Dave in Seattle

Great pics and write up. I have some friends that live on Orcas. Those pictures brought back some good memories. Thanks.

Mike

Looks like you barely made that ferry. ;)

Yeah definately had some fickle weather over the last part of April.

Looks like you barely made that ferry. ;)

Yeah definately had some fickle weather over the last part of April.

Pods8 your right, we was on standby when we got there, and was last rig to load, hey not bad for comming all the way across the state :rolleyes: as we got close to town to get to ferry, saw gas at $2.98 and had to stop to fill up, glad I did gas on island was $3.90, and that f350 with 460cid loves its gas.
Anyways here are couple more pic to share, took over 100 pics so have plenty LOL

Attachments

• april trip 014.jpg
    april trip 014.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 115
  • april trip 046.jpg
    april trip 046.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 134
  • april trip 054.jpg
    april trip 054.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 129
  • april trip 058.jpg
    april trip 058.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 130
  • april trip 090.jpg
    april trip 090.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 155
  • april trip 120.jpg
    april trip 120.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 160
Looks like a nice trip, BenG. Thanks for the report. I love the picture of camp from the water. That looks like a dream spot! What is the story on the last shot of your new photos? Is that a sculpture of horses?

What is the story on the last shot of your new photos? Is that a sculpture of horses?

Yes it is "Wild Horse Monument". Its located between Vantage, WA and George, WA. When heading east on I90 you pass Vantage, WA and cross the bridge over the columbia river and then the highway turns north to climb the hill. The sculpture is on the hill to the right (east).

Yes it is "Wild Horse Monument". Its located between Vantage, WA and George, WA. When heading east on I90 you pass Vantage, WA and cross the bridge over the columbia river and then the highway turns north to climb the hill. The sculpture is on the hill to the right (east).

here is a pic looking back towards Vantage, and the bridge[
attachment=8668:april trip 114.jpg]

Attachments

• april trip 114.jpg
    april trip 114.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom