trips Utah

Bat

I am a new to this forum and I see alot of you have been traveling to Utah.I just think the pictures are great and I want to go but but I am not sure my truck would make it on the switchbacks on the White rim trail. I also have been wondering on selling the shell and buying a used Grandby. Do they seem to hold up through the years and any specific thing I should look out for thanks for any info.
Doug

Attachments

• truck 00010 (Small).JPG
    truck 00010 (Small).JPG
    70 KB · Views: 288
We May Have Something In Common

You may want to search the TOW MISSLE on this site, a Granby will be a great replacement for that shell, my Snug Top has been sitting on saw horses for about two years. Welcome to the site, I've been putting up with these Cummins drivers alone long enough.

Easy on the Cummins.

Hey Fish,

Maybe there's a reason there's so many Cummins on here :)
I'd hate to admit it in publc, but that is a good looking Ford.. Will look even better with the Grandby.

Going to be in you neighborhood, leaving in the morning for Usal beach.
Weather prognosticator is saying around 80..Should be great.

DR

Real Hot

It's 6:45 at my house right now 97, won't be that hot where you're going though. I'll be at the Cove tomorrow much cooler there.

I Know Better

But if I was buying an engine I would buy the Cummins, I was in the market for the whole truck, if you go to where trucks work stats. will tell what you will find. If you go to a sled pull, all Dodges.

Welcome to the forum Doug.
I think your truck will have no problem on the WRT. At http://RV.net a couple of people ran it with F250's and Outfitter campers, They didn't have any problems due to the long wheel base. Go to the forum and search White Rim Trail in the truck camper section. If you have a spotter it will be a piece of cake. And if you are alone nobody will see you making a ten point turn, so I say go for it!

These campers hold up really well. There are some old ones with the tan canvas still going strong. Guys on this forum take them all over Baja and Gary and Monica Wescott took one across Siberia. Check out http://turtleexpedition.com

Also you may want to check out http://expeditionportal.com They have some good info on the WRT.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mike

I agree with Mike and he has a Ram TOO!!!

Mike I'll see you at the tractor pull.

Salty,
I should get my friends Gene and John on here to discuss their 2005 & 2006 Fords. Ford bought both back per CA lemon law. Both now drive Rams. I will say this Ford is very responsive to customer complaints. Even my brother-in-laws non warranty stuff gets fixed for free. Of course its in the dealership twice a month. Little stuff; starter falling out on the freeway, radiator collapsing, electronics and all that engine trouble.

Makes you want to go out and buy a VOLVO.

I Did Know Better

It was late and I was tired, what the F*%k was I thinking. Now for the next week or two what will I be hearing? If you want to buy a Volvo Ford will sell you the whole company. I have 20 feet of 3/4"chain I will meet any Dodge on the forum, chain em' up hitch to hitch. Ten feet of foward progress wins 500.00. I need the money. You first Mr. Pueblo

Mike, I think those are all 3/4 ton or above in that article. Toyota only makes 1/2 tons, but I dare you to compare the domestic 1/2 tons to the new Tundra. I'll take "The Fisherman Challenge" in the 1/2 ton class any day! :eek:

Yo YO Yo Salty,
Now whos talking tractor pull?

I totally understand about you wanting to have it both ways. I always wanted a Unimog.

Attachments

• mb_unimog_416_PretoriaSA.jpg
    mb_unimog_416_PretoriaSA.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 209
Brett, I agree with you on Toyota's. The reason I don't have a 3/4 ton diesel 4X4 long bed x-tra cab Toyota is because they don't make one. I was trying to be funny. That's hard to pull off on the internet because one can't type tone of voice. I was also trying to stay focused on Bat's O/P about wheel base and pop-up campers and Utah. Not that there's any thing wrong with Utah. (There I go again!) Some body stop me before I post again.;)

Cheers,

Mike

Shark Fishing

Going shark fishing, will be using a wet suit and surf board for bait, hope I don't get any bites. I expect to find a line of Dodges in my driveway when I get home. Mr. Pueblo I expect you to be at the front of the line. No swagger, I put my money where my mouth is.

talk,talk ,hot air!!!

If you "Old" mouthy kids really want to compare your "tough Trucks" you ought to find a good truck/tractor pull contest and hook your self up to a sled then you can puff your chest out if you win!! But i am sure some high horse power chevy will out do you both!!
(yes i am trying to be funny so don't dump on me to bad)
Off topic for Jay what type of Kayak are you looking at? We have a double Hobie
mirage, have had it for 3+years and have never had a better multi purpose yak (fishing,exploring,putting in distance with out killing you and your other half )Started out with seda yaks in the 70's so have lots of yak use.
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

Salty,
Typing while driving. Be there tonight.

Les,
I love the Hobie but I just dont want to spend that much. I'm currently thinking Cobra. We had Ocean kayaks when we were at the beach. One got ripped off by those nasty Nardians at Vintage Marina. Gave the other one to a buddy.

We had talked tandem for a long time. We ride a Santana tandem. If you can do the Rosarita Ensenada ride with your wife on a tandem theres a good chance you'll stay married.

BatMan,
You will have no trouble with your truck in Utah go out and enjoy.

Pam and I are going to head up to either Roosevelt Dam or Lake San Carlos midweek next for a few days. I love that I can drive a couple of hours from here and be in the middle of nowhere. We might take a side trip to the Aravaipa Canyon and the Aravaipa Wilderness Area.

OLd days revisted

Jay you brought back old doings,we did the Rosarita/Ensenada ride long ago and the t.j. to Rosarita Run,back when you could trust the border area!
With the weather getting warm its time to get on the water so thats why we are getting ready to hit the mtn. lakes soon.(hobies do show up on craigslist often at good prices)
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

Don't worry, Mike, I was just joshing around too! FYI, Toyo is coming out with a Tundra HD DIESEL in late '09. Might be worth the wait.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom