Truck Campers

Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Advanced Member
To ALL truck campers

im preparing for a trip to Mohave for Thanksgiving 4 day.... i am a FWC owner and am in search of a "rear tent", "add a room", or what ever its called these days. i saw a pic on FWC fb pics and just knew thats what i needed. its like a vestibule from the outdoors in inclement weather. struggling to figure out manufacturer and where to buy
any help would be great
thanx
John

1385749_10202338816538798_528209982_n.jpg

x2 been trying different things and that looks like the one. i have trying out those car/boat/atv shelters, ok but not perfect.
hope u get a responce

I have also been looking for something like that. More than a rear awning.

Hopefully someone will post more info on the rear awning/room on the FWC in the picture..

Craig

Last I recall this was originally from a European show and is not available here in the states. But FWC keeps an eye on this forum, so expressing an interest may make them aware that there is a market here, too.

did this up on a hunting trip three weeks ago, took it down after the wind storm.
gonna use one of them auto/ rv shelters next time, that way i can have sides to cut the wind.
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp02QFZw.jpg

ok ...... well ive sent pics to a few RTT / Awning Companies as well as Truck Camper Mag, and a few expedition FB pages. I shoild just mach one up and have it made but im sure that will cost some bucks.

Ok thank you. i will check it out.

Regarding the tent room enclosure photos:
After many hours of searching and google translator emails to germany poland and the chec...... the answer is this is NOT a production enclosure. but a one time build.

here is the final reply, (translated)

Hi John,

the tent was build by a small German tent manufacturer. It has cost approx. 1.800 $ and was only one time build. It is rock solid, but in total adds more than 100 pounds to the camper. The pack size is 1' by 1' by 4'. In my opinion not the right thing for the Four-Wheel philosophy. I feel it to big and heavy.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Jens Heidrich

Back
Top Bottom