Truck cover recommendation

super doody

Hi All,

My truck is not a daily drive and unfortunately does not fit our garage. I live 3 blocks from the ocean so rut is big issue.

Can anyone recommend a good cover? It seems like they are either cheap (sub $100) or really expensive (~$500) for a sunbrella cover.

Thanks,

Jim

I have a cover that's sized for a 21' Class C that's brand new and never been used. I paid $150 for it. I think it's an Empire cover but will need to look when I get home. If you're interested in taking a look at it let me know.

Jim, talk to a boat canvas shop about having a cover made for you. I do recommend Sunbrella, it will last a lot longer than other materials. Canvas shops will normally reinforce stress points with a layer of vinyl, as well as using appropriate materials for the zippers, ties and thread. Think about wheel covers, too. The disk brakes can and will rust. My boat cover is going on ten years now, so you get your monies worth out of the investment.

In the 70's, I had a VW square back go from new to a rust bucket in three years. I was right on the beach on Oahu.

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom