Turnbuckle Door Screens.

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
3+/- years ago someone on this site made screens for their turnbuckle doors and sold them. I purchased a couple and there appears some interest on FWC Facebook. I did a search and couldn't find the post. Any ideas?

We bought these screens before our Alaska trip in 2018 for our FWC 2007 Keystone. They work great!

I hope the folks making these are making money and getting all the business they want.

Please post if they are still available? I bought only 2 for my Hawk and wish I had bought for the 3rd that is readily accessible.

Wallowa said:
Could you folks be more specific on the screens you bought? Model/name, website?

Thanks....
I too am confused. If the idea is to replace the doors of the turnbuckle access points with screens, there is no way that would not be an avenue for dust to blow into the camper. So it must be something else, right?

The idea is to have replaceable turnbuckle doors that you can use when needed. Obviously this is easier with the older sliders vs the new hinged ones. I made a few for my Hawk when I had it. Thinking now of doing the same for my Puma.

AWG_Pics said:
I too am confused. If the idea is to replace the doors of the turnbuckle access points with screens, there is no way that would not be an avenue for dust to blow into the camper. So it must be something else, right?
My assumption is that you have screens and doors...for venting and keep out "no--see-ums"!

One possibility is to build a rectangular frame of steel strips. Cover the steel with the no-see-em screen. Embed some button super magnets around the turnbuckle door opening on the outside. Open the door and maneuver the screened frame to the outside and stick it to the magnets.

Open the door for bug free ventilation. Dust is kept out by closing the door as now.

You should be able push the screen off to remove it for access to the turnbuckles.

Paul

PaulT is correct. The screens we bought attach to the outside of the camper with hook and loop strips. The sliding covers to keep dust out on the interior remain in place.

Surface prep is key to getting the hook and look sticky backing to adhere to the camper wood. If not prepared properly, when pushing on the screen at the edges to remove them from the inside and access the turnbuckles, the hook and loop strip can pull away from the wood.

Our have been on for years and worked great on our Alaska trip keeping no see ums and mosquitos out but still allowing ventilation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom