Two Days at the Mill

Thanks Steve. Very impressive steam sawmill.
There's nothing OSHA compliant about that sob site.
You sure have to be very alert in what your're doing and where you are.

Nice luimber,looks like Ponderosa Pine.
Frank

Thinking the same thing about OSHA... we have mills in our hills like that though not steam... scary to be around but do great work.
Thanks Steve

Pretty cool. Lots of hard work making little ones out of big ones. I have a photo here from the mid 1950's of two uncles at the maple sawmill in Rockbridge, Wisconsin. You'd never want to slip and fall around those big blades.

Used to spend some summers and a few winter trips to a friends farm between Rockbridge and Richland Center when I was growing up. Learned to trout fish the streams there - good memories.

The hardest work I’ve ever done I’m my life was working in a sawmill while in college. I pulled dry chain and planer chain, and my dreams had never ending lumber on the chain in front of me. That was the needed incentive to complete my undergrad.

Taku said:
Used to spend some summers and a few winter trips to a friends farm between Rockbridge and Richland Center when I was growing up. Learned to trout fish the streams there - good memories.
It is a small world. My great great grandfather Sam was one of the first settlers in the area. One of my favorite memories was in 1974 when my cousin, the Big Guy, and I were able to join my Dad - visiting the old home places - on a tour of the small streams where he fished as a kid in the 1920's. Good memories, indeed.

Back
Top Bottom