Two week countdown to more daylight. ;-)

For those of us who can set our own schedule it's just another day...a day with 3 minutes more daylight than March 7 and 3 minutes less daylight than March 9 (in Bend, Oregon).

But I remember when it still mattered to me, an interest that ended almost 4 years ago. ;)

MarkBC said:
For those of us who can set our own schedule it's just another day...a day with 3 minutes more daylight than March 7 and 3 minutes less daylight than March 9 (in Bend, Oregon).

But I remember when it still mattered to me, an interest that ended almost 4 years ago. ;)
Absolutely correct Mr. BC, you are a lucky guy. But, if you are traveling, going for supplies, and what not you do have to deal with the hours businesses are operating on. We like the early mornings, so we will be back to dealing with the dark since the time change only "shifts" the daylight portion. Thank you Ben and the railroads.

As near as I can tell, the reason we have Daylight Saving Time is that while the U.S. Constitution does not give the federal gov't power to tell citizens when to get up, go to bed, go to work, etc., it does give the federal gov't the power to set standards for weights and measures. Problem solved.. Change the standard for time. An ingenious solution. (at the time :)

Paul

55896551.jpg

"I object to being told that I am saving daylight when my reason tells me that I am doing nothing of the kind... At the back of the Daylight Saving scheme, I detect the bony, blue-fingered hand of Puritanism, eager to push people into bed earlier, and get them up earlier, to make them healthy, wealthy, and wise in spite of themselves." - Robertson Davies

You don't have to go along with it.
Just don't set your time showing devices to the different time.
But remember to show up at the correct time.
Time revolution.Don't let the "MAN" tell you what to do.
Myself I like it.
Frank

We could go back to when every community, region, state etc, had their own time. Thankfully the railroads put an end to that.

I love DST. I get up before dawn 365 days a year, and the DST expansion gives me more days annually to do chores after returning from work between 6 and 7pm.

Foy

There's a bill in the New Mexico legislature to put us on DST year-round. A bill in 2013 to keep New Mexico on Standard Time year-round failed. Being retired, I don't really have a preference.

craig333 said:
We could go back to when every community, region, state etc, had their own time. Thankfully the railroads put an end to that.
How we got to now was a great PBS series.

craig333 said:
Time zones and DST are different things. In a sense we have gone back to the former chaos because of arbitrary and inconsistent DST adoption. The timing has changed throughout the years and states may exempt themselves as do Hawaii and parts of Arizona. DST has always been highly political with those who gain from it lobbying for, and those who lose by it lobbying against. DST is stupid, disruptive, stressful and wasteful.

4llamas said:
Without the normal clouds and rain here in the valley, it seems like DST already.
Yeah it sure does.

Not sure what happened to winter around here but spring is here. Winter solstice is what I look forward to since that is when we start gaining daylight. I just assume do away with DST and stay on PST but that is me since I'd rather have more light at the end of the day.

I'm not even sure what day it is.
I didn't go to work today and I'm not going to work tomorrow so it must be saturday.

Back
Top Bottom