Type of paint for skin?

fishing & hunting

I recently had all new skin put on my older Grandby. Unfortunately they did not have any new white doors that would fit my older model so my door is still the old yellowish color as well as a few other hatch covers around the unit. I am interested in painting these white to match the new skin. Any input on what type of paint would work best on this material would be greatly appreciated. I'm guessing the color of the new skin is bright white, just don't know what paint will work best.
Thanks,
Tyler

If you don't have all that much to paint, I'd say go with the rattle cans sold at the auto supply stores, brand name "Dupli-color". I'm sure they have a bright white that would work for you.

Rustoleum Gloss White is what Stan recommended to me years ago, I use it for touch up all the time and it is pretty close. Painting a whole door might be another story but you can buy a can and test it out first.

If the door is plastic it should be primed with a product call Bulldog that is available from any automotive paint srore. Krylon Fusion or Kem plastic paint will then work very well.

CWD

Rustoleum Gloss White is what Stan recommended to me years ago, I use it for touch up all the time and it is pretty close. Painting a whole door might be another story but you can buy a can and test it out first.

I have had good results with this product in maintaining my jack brackets over the years.

Back
Top Bottom