Ultimate expo rig for sale?

2.5L 4 cylinder gasoline. Looks cool but lacking in the power department. Drop a little Isuzu diesel or a Cummings and that would be a fun rig.

Just dropping a different engine into a Pinz won't happen. They have a very unique drive train.
The drivetrain was designed for a max of 140hp, and requires a hi rpm engine to obtain 65mph. Recently, I've wondered if the new 2.8 Duromax w/Trans would fit? But hp/torque would destroy the dt.
I've had 4 of them over the last 15 years. 2 gas models and 2 TD. The last a very rare UK made 718K w/ VW 2.5 TDI engine

Attachments

• parade s.jpg
    parade s.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 112
Basin Deranged said:
Very cool and very capable machines, but wear your sound-deadening headphones when driving it and don't expect to set any land speed records!
Very true, as the vast majority were for military use. My 3rd truck was a municipal truck and decently insulated.Sound level was on par with any cargo van. The last one (pic above) was the NA military sales demonstrator, and has little insulation. It will do 75mph+, but still happier in the low 60's.

There are some really nice expedition 6x6 Pinzes, mostly in Europe. Just don't be in a rush to be somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom