unidentified extras on 4wc???

hosse

Thanks for the replies on the altitude problems with Fridge and furnace. I don't think anything's broken--just thought I wasn't supposed to use above recommended altitudes.

There's a small black receptacle on the top of my 4wc. Is that for future solar considerations? Also, there's a strip of hook fastener (hook and loop) along the top on the inside of our camper. Is that for the arctic liner? We got a pretty loaded camper in 2005 and I wondered if the plant installed the extras just in case. If so, thank you (Stan). I e-mailed 4wc in 2005, but no reply. Wish I'd known of this forum …

happy holidays to all,

Marc

unidentified extras

Hi Marc,

You are correct that the velcro along the top of your camper is for the arctic pack. My guess is that is not something that can be added later if you buy the arctic pack at a later date so they put it in all of the campers.

Not sure about the black receptacle. I haven't seen anything lie that on ours. Pretty sure someone else will have an answer for you.

BTW, one more bit of assurance on the fridge and furnace. This year we camped at 9000 feet in a snowstorm, all the while running the heater and refrigerator. No problems at all.

Ted

Hey Marc

Yes, the small black plug on the roof is the pre-wire for the solar panel.

The velcro is pre-done for adding the arctic pack later.

Just let us know if you have other questions.

Sometimes our spam filter weeds out valid e-mails, so if you don't get a reply, please call or e-mail me directly. We get about 100 span e-mails a day and have to filter them out.

:(

Hello Jay

They started pre-wiring for solar in the middle of 2005, but for a few months it was off and on.

I believe in early 2006 they started pre-wiring for all campers on a consistant basis.

If you know your camper serial number, or the date of manf. for your camper, or want to e-mail me your name if you bought the camper new (or the original owners name), I can pull the original production file and see what notes are in there.

My direct e-mail address is ... stan@fourwh.com

If your camper is older that a 2005, most likey the roof will not be pre-wired for solar.

You can also do a quick camper check and peak behind the front wooden lift panel (cab-over bed area) - usually drivers side.

There are normally 2 wires tucked back there that run from the cabinets, along the frame, up behind the front lift panel, and up into the roof to supply the interior lights with power, and also power for the powered roof vent fan(s).
These wires are normally Yellow & Black.

If the camper was pre-wired for solar you will usually see a total of 4 wires back there (Yellow & Black for lights) and also (Red and Black for the solar panel pre-wire).

Hope this helps.

=====================================================

Stan,
What year did you start pre-wiring for solar?

Attachments

• solar panle pre wire (4 wires total).JPG
    solar panle pre wire (4 wires total).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 420
Back
Top Bottom