unknown wire ?

Mickey Bitsko

Just returned from the maiden voyage in my 2005 4WC Eagle, everything seems to work fine, however , there is a 2wire loom coming out from the front left of the bed and runs and behind the lift panels, looks , as best I can see to go into the roof, appears to be factory.
There are no exterior running/marker lights nor fan over the bed.
Anybody venture a guess ?

Thanks for any help.

It's probably pre-wired for an option of solar panels on the roof.
My 2005 Hawk came that way, and there's a socket (can't remember what the type is called) on the roof into which solar panels can be plugged. The wires terminate behind, below, the cabinets to the right of the sink.

Thank you for the reply, I'll look on the roof tomorrow , I'm thinking it also might be prewired for an over bed fan.
Maybe others on here might shed some light , no pun intended.

Forgot to add , there's also a rocker switch to right of the refrigerator that is stock but doesn't seem to operate anything,
any thoughts ? I'll see if I can get my fat head in the cabinet while looking up...lol I'll need a chiropractor after that exercise...

Thanks again
Mickey

Mickey Bitsko said:
...Forgot to add , there's also a rocker switch to right of the refrigerator that is stock but doesn't seem to operate anything,
any thoughts ? I'll see if I can get my fat head in the cabinet while looking up...lol I'll need a chiropractor after that exercise...

Thanks again
Mickey
On mine that rocker switch turns on/off an auxiliary fan that circulates air in/through the fridge compartment, to improve cooling of the fridge's heat exchanger. Fan visible from the exterior vent.

MarcBC is correct on wiring behind the lift panels. Prewiring for the solar.

This is also a common spot for a short to occur because the panels can pinch the wiring from that location too.

Thanks guys... Had a chance to look on the roof, no indication where the wire terminates/plug on the roof, tomorrow I'll look under sink cabinet for some sign where the wire starts.
I would think it almost impossible to find where the wire is in the ceiling without some serious surgery. :(

Mick, you won't have a plug unless the first owner requested one. To locate it, the folks at FWC can tell you where it terminates if you want to add one... There's probably a wire for a Fantastic fan on the edge of your vent as well.

Call Shaw at FWC service.

FWC is good on explanations, just call and they find someone to help...If you haven't noticed I believe that Shaw no longer works there (since before Christmas).

Bill

Mickey Bitsko said:
Just returned from the maiden voyage in my 2005 4WC Eagle, everything seems to work fine, however , there is a 2wire loom coming out from the front left of the bed and runs and behind the lift panels, looks , as best I can see to go into the roof, appears to be factory.
There are no exterior running/marker lights nor fan over the bed.
Anybody venture a guess ?

Thanks for any help.
Take a read through this thread and have a look at the wire colors on yours...

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8948-tech-tip-service-bulletin-camper-to-roof-wiring/

I happen to be in my 01 Hawk and see my wire colors there are yellow and black so that's the feed for ceiling lights and fan. I don't have solar pre-wire. If I did, there would be another set of wires somewhere, most likely red / black.

-OC

FWIW: My 2005 Hawk came with the roof for-solar plug installed even though I didn't request it.
It's a small (~ ¾" long) black oval rubber capped thing on the roof toward the front and towards the driver side. But no telling if that was a fluke or standard back 11 years ago...
Still...sure seems odd to have wires up there with no indication (some mark?) where they terminate. :unsure: Exploratory surgery doesn't sound like a good option. ;)

Thank you Old Crow and Mark for great info, if it quits snowing tomorrow I'll pop the front and check wire colors for a start.
I looked on the roof earlier and found nothing in the way of a plug, maybe I can get my phone camera behind the lift panel
enough to see where it terminates. My Eagle is an 05' so it could be prewired for anything, but I think wire color will be a good place to start, thanks again

Mickey

Back
Top Bottom