Updated fluorescent fixture to LED

craig333

Riley's Human
My fixture used a round (T9) fluorescent light. Put out lots of light but also a bit of an energy. Finally found an LED replacement.

The only one I've ever found from http://store.marinebeam.com/led-replacement-for-fc8t9-tube.html and on sale too. Installation was a five minute job. Pull the old bulb out, disconnect the wires from the ballast and reconnect to the new bulb, pop the bulb in. They say its brighter, not having a light meter I can't be sure but it seems to be at least as bright as the old one.

I opted for the warm white version. It won't pay for itself but its another bit of load I've taken off my system.

There is an outlet for bulbs and batteries. As it turns out it's called Batteries+Bulbs or batteriesplus.com.
They have a good selection of the LEDs that work in our campers.

Check them out on line. There are a lot of stores around the country.
Frank

There are a lot of nice LED's if you want to replace the fixture. I didn't want to do that. Its kind of a structural piece now and I really like the light I get out of it.

Just an update, it really is brighter than the fluorescent. Very nice for cooking. I also put an amber led bulb in the other (first switch spot, second lights both bulbs) fixture. Very nice when you just want to avoid a crash and burn and doesn't attract bugs.

Who did you get the amber led bulb from? I have been trying to find one for my rear porch light on the Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom