Upload quota limit

Desert Rancher

Contributors
I see this message when adding a pic to a post. What happens when you reach this "quota"?

Used 294.85K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 205.15K)

Also, is it possible to arrange the location of a pic in the post. Such as:
TOPIC

Some text here

A pic here

More text

Another pic

Make sense?

I see this message when adding a pic to a post. What happens when you reach this "quota"?
Used 294.85K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 205.15K)
Also, is it possible to arrange the location of a pic in the post. Such as:
TOPIC

Some text here

A pic here

More text

Another pic

For your second question -- you can arrange location of attached images; here's how.
Do the "Click to Attach Files".
To the right of the Attachment that appears is a choice of Add to Post or Delete. Position the cursor at the point in the post where you want the attachment to appear in the post and click Add to Post. This inserts it where you want it.

However, I usually prefer to upload the photos first -- either to a Gallery on WTW or somewhere else (free) on the Web -- then use the "Insert Image" icon to insert a link to this already-uploaded photo. I like this approach better 'cause you don't have the 500kB-per-post limit.

Thanks Mark!

So the 500K limit is for each post? If so, then all is well.
I guess I was thinking that this was an overall upload limit for all of my posts.

So the 500K limit is for each post? If so, then all is well.
I guess I was thinking that this was an overall upload limit for all of my posts.

Yeah...the word "global" is a little misleading...or wrong.

This is a test. (DO NOT ADJUST YOUR TV) :LOL:

I want to try inserting an image from my photo site: http://www.pbase.com/lighthawk/root
(click insert image icon, pasting URL from other site)

Ok, that didn't work :unsure:
Hmmm, it did just a minute ago when I appended .jpg to the URL, but now it won't.

One more try, then I go back to my day job :eek:

(click insert image, copy URL, add .jpg, cross fingers)
114809920.jpg

This is a test. (DO NOT ADJUST YOUR TV) :LOL:

I want to try inserting an image from my photo site: http://www.pbase.com/lighthawk/root
(click insert image icon, pasting URL from other site)

Ok, that didn't work :unsure:
Hmmm, it did just a minute ago when I appended .jpg to the URL, but now it won't.

One more try, then I go back to my day job :eek:

(click insert image, copy URL, add .jpg, cross fingers)
114809920.jpg

Yea! It worked, even though the preview of the post did not show the image. I have no idea what "posted image" means. So, at least for me this is a time-saver, so I can pull images from my regular photo hosting site (where bulk uploaded a zip files does work for me) and all I have to do is append .jpg to the URL.

Trying to figure out this embedded image thing as well...here we go.
hLlwU0DSW4q86lNRymbo6gMaeachcTTjbC0bn1pV5cI

Swing and a miss. Gonna try another route...

Let's see if this works.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WT8fMGkKOkA/ThaESDem3pI/AAAAAAAAAWg/rRq09-FCKlI/s800/IMG_1582.JPG
URL]

Back
Top Bottom