US 50 Closure

..............and please notice the detour is state highway 49 to highway 88 and over Carson Pass. National Forest roads are closed due to fire danger.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That sure was a quick build job.See Caltrans can get it done.
Now you get to have more traffic through your area.
Frank
No, it's better now. They will stay on highway 50 now instead of the possible alternate route on a Forest Road. They have been bumper to bumper as they drive by the big electronic sign that shouts "NOT ADVISED"

They ignore the signs in the Winter also making for some really amusing if dangerous scenarios.

ski3pin said:
No, it's better now. They will stay on highway 50 now instead of the possible alternate route on a Forest Road. They have been bumper to bumper as they drive by the big electronic sign that shouts "NOT ADVISED"
Ski is the sign in the proper language or maybe some people just can't read.
Frank

I made the mistake of heading up 50 to Camino yesterday, forgetting "Apple Hell" is now open. When hy 50 came to an abrupt stop about a mile west of Placerville I knew I was in trouble. For those that know Camino, my destination was just off Snows Road. I finally made it to the first stoplight and ducked off the freeway and took Newtown road all the way down the valley to the bottom of Snows road, then came up the hill, avoiding the remainder of the mess on 50, and bumper to bumper traffic on Carson Road. I don't envy the locals that put up with that every year...

Back
Top Bottom