Utensil drawer dimensions front dinette

slocamper

Hello all. We are the future owners of a Grandby front dinette and I would like to find a tray that can keep utensils secure with a lid. I found one but I don't know the dimensions of the drawer on the drawer closest to the door to check if it fits. Will anyone be able to help. I've asked FWC a few times along with other questions and this question always seems to be unanswered. Thanks!
RT

FWIW, my side dinette Hawk recently came with a utensil tray in the drawer.

It doesn't have a lid though.

My 2021 Grandby front dinette came with a utensil tray and a FWC logo plastic cutting board that fits snug in the drawer on top of the tray and hold everything in.

If you still want dimensions I can measure mine tomorrow.

slocamper said:
Thanks for the update! What a helpful bunch!
The inside dimensions of the drawer are 10 inches wide by 14 inches deep by 2-3/8 high. Subtract 1/16 inch to be sure of fit. There are four screws with finish washers on the inside of the drawer face that protrude nearly 1/8 inch into the drawer. You can see those screw heads in the tray picture. The cutting board is held down by the top center drawer track when the drawer is closed, so it holds the tray and contents in place.

Here are pictures of the tray and cutting board that came with my camper.

Attachments

• 32DACADA-6B7C-4E6F-8593-0A6E1AA13D41.jpeg
    32DACADA-6B7C-4E6F-8593-0A6E1AA13D41.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 56
  • CFBF3CF2-75C2-42E3-8BC7-55FB7A02852E.jpeg
    CFBF3CF2-75C2-42E3-8BC7-55FB7A02852E.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 45
Thank you! That looks great! Sounds like ours will be equally equipped. We pick up from the factory in a few.

My drawer to my '15 Fleet is directly under my stove top. After putting all sorts of stuff (not utensils) I one day went looking for my passport I had put in it. When I did not find it in the drawer, I figured I had misplaced it somewhere else. After getting a new one, I one day noticed an item located under my sink, directly next to my drawer, I had no idea stuff had bounced out of the drawer and over to a very hard to access area. There was the old passport. So I took a piece of plastic corrugated sheet and cut it to fit the shape of the drawer and just slid it in on top of everything inside. It looks like the cutting board shown above here. When I open the drawer, I just have to lift up the piece and reach in, pretty minimalistic.

I am still finding utensils and so on that bounced out of the utensil drawer and are now under the water heater and generally in impossible-to-reach places. After a couple years of this I trimmed an HDPE cutting board to fit the drawer, and the problem disappeared. Now I see that this seems to be standard on new campers.

BTW, I love the passport story. I would not have thought to keep it with my knives and forks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom