Utility shovel?

EdoHart

Grasshopper
I'm not associated with these guys, but I think their Grovel is pretty cool. http://www.gearupcenter.com/crovel-extreme-black-accessories-sold-seperately/ At over $120 for the tool with the "cover" and shipping, it's expensive, but at least it's American Made.

This is a well built, if rather heavy piece of of equpiment. I dont' expect it to the replace my Sven saw and my hatchet, but I ithink it will make a nice addition to the tool kit. It will replace my old entrenching tool.

It does look well made. 5.5 lbs doesn't seem all that heavy to me. I have an old wood handled entrenching tool in the trunk of the car that must weigh at least that much.

Here's another high priced shovel:

http://www.extremeoutback.com/product/93/Ultimate+Overland+Recovery+Shovel.html

I think that I prefer my $45 Glock entrenching tool for a folder in the buggy/Baja or a regular full size from Lowes (what I carry in the mini-truck). The Glock is a respectable tool, but having dug the buggy out with it once there's no way that I'd make one the primary shovel for a mini-truck much less a full size.

Interesting. And I need a new shovel for the rig.

Did you just order yours?

I've had it for about 2-3 weeks. I haven't used yet. The cutting edge it has from the factory is pretty good, but can be improved. I wouldn't want to use it as a seat without the cover.
unsure.gif

It does look well made. 5.5 lbs doesn't seem all that heavy to me. I have an old wood handled entrenching tool in the trunk of the car that must weigh at least that much.

5.5 pounds didn't seem too heavy to me until I hefted it in my hands. It's heavier than my German Army entrenching tool/pick of about the same size by at least a pound (estimated by hefting each tool in both hands).

I think that I prefer my $45 Glock entrenching tool for a folder in the buggy/Baja or a regular full size from Lowes (what I carry in the mini-truck). The Glock is a respectable tool, but having dug the buggy out with it once there's no way that I'd make one the primary shovel for a mini-truck much less a full size.

I never though that I would read about a 45 Glock in a thread about shovels.
smile.gif
At least it's a respectable tool.

I never though that I would read about a 45 Glock in a thread about shovels.
smile.gif
At least it's a respectable tool.

Pic is a link

Back
Top Bottom