Vent fan - Awesome price

Hey Marc, you must have a shop full of campers under construction. I'm going to have to get up there again one of these days. Any updates on the V2?

X2!

I'm right on the fence here. Will the mounting holes line up with the ones for factory vent?

FWC's are all pre-wired for these fans, right?

I'm right on the fence here. Will the mounting holes line up with the ones for factory vent?

FWC's are all pre-wired for these fans, right?

Doubt the mounting holes will line up. That is why I went with a Fantastic Fan, I was able to just replace the guts of the vent, and leave the seal alone.

Best I know your 03 is prewired for a fan. It is easy to take off the inside trim of the vent and check for the wires.

Doubt the mounting holes will line up. That is why I went with a Fantastic Fan, I was able to just replace the guts of the vent, and leave the seal alone.

Best I know your 03 is prewired for a fan. It is easy to take off the inside trim of the vent and check for the wires.

How's that work? Is the fantastic fan mounted on the inside trim ring?

I'm not too crazy about drilling any more holes in my roof than are absolutely necessary.

Mine arrived today! :)
Now I just need 28 screws...unless I can reuse the ones ftom the existing vent cover..
huh.gif
..I haven't checked yet.

Thanks Mark, I was wondering if I needed my own screws. I took my camper off an hr ago and plan to wash& wax roof then patiently wait until my fan gets here. Maybe I should sharpen my shears.

Thanks Mark, I was wondering if I needed my own screws. I took my camper off an hr ago and plan to wash& wax roof then patiently wait until my fan gets here. Maybe I should sharpen my shears.

Instructions say Tools and Materials Required:
(28) 3/4" or 1" #8 self-tapping screws...or use screws from old unit.

Instructions say Tools and Materials Required:
(28) 3/4" or 1" #8 self-tapping screws...or use screws from old unit.

Use new screws. Not worth the potential leak.
I use stainless screws.
I also use a seal instead of goop to seal the vent on the roof.

Attachments

• roof xp install 034 (1024x768).jpg
    roof xp install 034 (1024x768).jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 105
Use new screws. Not worth the potential leak.
I use stainless screws.
I also use a seal instead of goop to seal the vent on the roof.

Marc, what exactly is that seal that you used? Type & thickness, how attached, etc.?

Marc, what exactly is that seal that you used? Type & thickness, how attached, etc.?

Keep in mind that i have a very smooth roof. I believe yours has the dimpled Aluminum. Not sure if that would work for your application. It is simply glued to the roof and then compression seals to the vent.

Didn't stan say they no longer use stainless screws? Went to something better?

I think that was for the jack brackets. The common grade stainless steel screws aren't that strong (there are strong grades of stainless though). In a non-structural application I'd think stainless is just fine (other coated steel would be as well).

I used the Butyl tape, that gummy, sticky tape about 3/4"x1/8" thick. Never has leaked and covered/sealed the old screw holes.

A nice feature is that you can run the fan with the vent closed at the lowest speed. Works like a ceiling fan at home.

Hope those who got the deal are happy. Hell, I paid ~$130 for mine...but it has worked fine.

Hope those who got the deal are happy. Hell, I paid ~$130 for mine...but it has worked fine.

I tested that theory today during my install. I was laying in upper bunk with sweat on my forehead making sure everything was lined up inside before drilling and installing screws. Everything was wired so reached up and turned on fan, instant relief having a breeze on my face. I am happy!

Back
Top Bottom