Victron solar charger not charging

RLS

Have a MPPT 100/30 smart solar charger/controller. It was working fine until I shut it off via the app. I tried turning it back on and now it continues to show as off and 0 watts from the solar panel. The blue light (bulk)on the controller is flashing every few seconds which makes me think it’s charging. The lithium battery is down to 86% so it should be charging. Any ideas? Thanks.

I came out this morning and the MPPT was charging. I read about the battery not being discharged enough to trigger the controller to start charging. That must have been what was happening. Thanks for the responses guys.

RLS said:
I came out this morning and the MPPT was charging. I read about the battery not being discharged enough to trigger the controller to start charging. That must have been what was happening. Thanks for the responses guys.
Can you post a few screenshots of your victron battery settings?

Hi Vic,
Here's a screenshot.

IMG_5749.PNG

Iv'e since gone in and disabled the equalization setting after watching a few videos on YouTube. Looks like it's not good for Lithium batteries. Also dropped the float voltage down to 13.2v.

Curious as to which of the settings tells the controller when to begin charging, i.e., at what s.o.c. battery level?

I'm using 14.4 and 13.4v for absorb/bulk and float. In my experience, it starts charging again when the battery voltage drops below your float setting. At 13.2v like you have, I found that my batteries drained even if solar/shore/alternator is available. 13.4v keeps any current draw from taking it from the batteries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom