View New Content

I bookmarked to the View New Content page which allows me to "cut right to the chase", so to speak.
I like it.

Theres another forum product out there that as an index page has all the latest threads rather than a list forums and subforums. Makes a lot of sense and maybe I'll be able to do that here one day.

I bookmarked to the View New Content page which allows me to "cut right to the chase", so to speak.
I like it.

I wondered about that too. When I surf via my Droid (using a mobile device more and more), it seems I click New Content which takes me to Pages, then I need to click Forums, and then I get to New Content. It's a few extra clicks to get to the content I want. I don't want to add to DD's list of To Do's but I have wondered why View New Content didn't just go to new posts instead of new pages. On my laptop it's easier because I can access my bookmarks. :)

I wondered about that too. When I surf via my Droid (using a mobile device more and more), it seems I click New Content which takes me to Pages, then I need to click Forums, and then I get to New Content. It's a few extra clicks to get to the content I want. I don't want to add to DD's list of To Do's but I have wondered why View New Content didn't just go to new posts instead of new pages. On my laptop it's easier because I can access my bookmarks. :)

If you click on it from the site home page you get pages as the home page is considered a page. If you click on it from the forums page you get the newest forum content. This software has a lot of shortcomings that I am not very happy with but I'm stuck with it for now.

Yes, bookmark this. Works fine!

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=new_posts&search_filter_app[forums]=1

I just thought I'd bump this helpful post by birthday-boy Desert Rancher, and add a photo to make sure everybody knows what this is:

gallery_2431_332_13167.jpg

You have to be on a Forum page (e.g., not a Gallery or Profile page) for this to show you new Forum content.
Nearly every time I visit WTW this is where I start. That's the URL for my WTW bookmark at the top of my Chrome browser.

If the list is too long and full of topics you don’t care about, you can get rid of them all by "Mark all items as read":
gallery_2431_332_26872.jpg

Back
Top Bottom