Vintage 110 volt system, what's included?

Black914

Advanced Member
Just wondering if someone can tell me if an inverter was included. I have the original invoice for the '85 Keystone I just bought. That says there are two double outlets and a 25' power cord. There is an electrical panel with one breaker in the cabinet. There is also one cigarette lighter plug in the end of the cabinet, may have ben added by the first owner. I'm the fourth. The camper has a 3way Sanyo Fridge which was running on 110 when I picked it up. Have not been able to try that again since every time I plug in the camper at my house it trips the ground fault detector in the house. Intend to take it to a local repair shop to check that out and the fridge since it does not want to light on propane. All of the lights work and 12v outlet is hot from the house battery.
Thanks for any info.

Dan

In my 1997 Grandby there were (2) 110- V outlets, that had power when you plugged it in to external power. Nothing else - no charger, inverter, nothing. Everything else ran off of a 12V battery, which was only lights, fan, water pump, and furnace in my case.

They did not come with an inverter. 110 powers the single outlet and the converter which supplies the 12v power. If your fridge still cools on 110 it should work on propane. Probably something simples like a clogged jet. Lots of info here on how to deal with that.

I once owned a mid 1980's Keystone. I had a similar setup. small 3-way refrigerator (Instamatic), 3-burner range with oven, sink but manual pump no electric pump. 110 outlets. No house battery. Electrical came from external connection or from the truck via a 3 pin Atwood connector.

I have a PDF of the original manual but I don't know how to post a PDF.

I just tried to check my gallery of images and it seems that it is gone. It seems that the albums I created are no longer on this site. I had pictures of my vintage Keystone and other info on it there. MUst have happened during the site update. :-(

Last edited:
Check to see if your 120 VAC neutral is connected to the ground or to camper structure.

You will need an ohmmeter to do this, and disconnect all power sources before you measure - disconnect ground power, the battery, and the truck connection.

Back
Top Bottom