Walker Lake, Nevada

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
We are considering going to Walker Lake next weekend. Anyone been to this area and have suggestions for camping locations?

Thanks, Ted

Ted....just follow these directions, they'll get you right to the camping area......camp sites are all ready :D

Is very easy. You are going to arrive here on hwy. 101, take the Redway exit from north or south on 101. From Redway you take Shelter Cove Rd. west very easy you will travel aprox. 14mi to Whitethorn Construction it will be on your right, big yard and mill, across from the lumber yard is a post office. The first left after the post office is my driveway, you'll see 4 or 5 boats and probably a 28 ft. race car trailer, you will be greeted by to very friendly bears.

Well, after reading the link...it's not too much different...there's gonna be a large gathering of common Loons up there also...

Have fun.

Ummmm, thanks, Bob, but that is a bit in the wrong direction.:confused:

We won't be making it to the Pig Fest this weekend. Planning on going to this event: http://www.walkerlake.org/events/events_home.html
I know, awfully dull compared to a weekend at Fisherman's. But I'll live vicariously through all the photos and reports to come.

it's not too much different...there's gonna be a large gathering of common Loons up there also...

LOL! If it becomes an annual migration of Loons to the Fisherman's place, the wildlife management people can start running sight seeing tours there, too!

DLN, good point.

sportsmans

Ted, Sportsmans beach has Nevada style "palapas" high above the lake, wind blocks can be important out there. there are 2 other developed areas that I know of, Tamarack is one the other I cannot remember. You can also "dry camp" along the shoreline, I have only been on the west side of the lake and was careful as some of the shore can be quite soft.

Attachments

• IMG_0433_1.jpg
    IMG_0433_1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 220
Tim, thanks for the info.

Patrick, the water is that bad? Wow!

We plan on heading to Walker Lake Friday after work and doing the bird tour Saturday am. Then, based on Dirty Dog's recent trip report, will head over to Berlin Ichyosaur State Park. Home Sunday. A lot of driving for a weekend, but a needed get away.

Back
Top Bottom