Wall Mount Steps (Vs. Ladder)

irvfoxfern

Saw a black Ford F250 with a black popup camper in Santa Barbara, CA with fold down steps on the back to climb to the roof. I am trying to find out where to buy those wall-mount, fold-down steps. I have a Palomino popup camper and want to accessorize the roof, but want to get up there safely without having to install a ladder. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Many of us have steps like that as an option from the manafacturer. Maybe Stan or Marty can chime in and offer to sell you some or let you know of a supplier. Pretty sure I've seen them online somewhere but just did a quick search and couldn't find them.

Oops. A minute late and a dollar short. Argonaut came through for you.

Or try Ebay. I saw a bunch of those on there. Kinda sorta thought of doing some, but until I get my kayak not much reason to get on the roof.

I got mine from Northern Tool but went with the stainless version. Defintely the best prices i found back when I did it.

It does not matter where you get the steps. It matters where you put the steps and how you put them there. Since every camper model has it's own framing you should call the shop that built it to find the proper locations. I like the folding steps becouse they are handy to get to the rear of the camper tops however they are not too helpful on the front of the roof.

Google search:
http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/stepfoldowac.html

Thanks a lot for the link and all the direction and guidance. I will be sure to secure them well. Irvin

here is maybe a goofy question. I have used my steps to climb up to the roof and attach things, like my solar panel. But can one actually get on the roof and move about up there? I wouldn't want to hurt anything.

here is maybe a goofy question. I have used my steps to climb up to the roof and attach things, like my solar panel. But can one actually get on the roof and move about up there? I wouldn't want to hurt anything.

The answer is no, unless you want to go through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom