Wander the south.com?!

sdmarkus

Advanced Member
My friend and neighbor had been trying to get out of town and away from the rat race for some time and I was happy oblige and try out some of the new goodies I'd installed on the ATC over the last few months.

We'd originally planned to go pretty deep, but with minimal swell in the forecast kept the trip to an extended weekend and ventured just a few hours south.

We got there Thursday afternoon and pretty much had the place to ourselves. Looked like there would be some decent surf on tap!

IMG_0368.jpg

Could have been the beer talkin', but this was some mighty fine chicken!

IMG_0359.jpg

This was Willard's first trip down south and she loved it.

IMG_0364.jpg

We had no idea it was the weekend of the Baja 500, which was bittersweet as we were joined by a number of spectators on Saturday but had the place back to ourselves by Sunday afternoon. Watching the bikes and buggies zip by on the race course was pretty incredible.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

And for all you bird watchers, there was an Osprey(?) that calls this area home that was pretty neat to watch

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

With another successful Mex trip under my belt, I have to say it's probably better than it's been in many years. A special time and unique window of opportunity for sure...Adios amigos!

Nice. I love Baja, been there many times. Problem is, you can travel 1,000 miles and still miss it. "You should have been here yesterday...." Ask me how I know.

Way to go, I recognize that stretch. I once found myself in the race there unintentionally....pretty funny. Always an adventure.

SDMarkus, you and Sunman are killing me. I'm going to have to find a way to get back to Baja. Thanks for the TR.

Back
Top Bottom