Wandering in Nevada - April 2019

Great report. I’ve always loved Northern Nevada and the Great Basin country. June will find our small crew running the Lassen/Applegate Trail and your mention of the Sonora/Walker River Route just whets my appetite for more adventure out there.

I really need to sharpen my GPS skills beyond using my “street Garmin” or Maps.

Thanks!

Geocaching for me started out fun but soon lost its appeal. Some people certainly get creative. I did one you had to kayak (boat, swim etc.) to get to. Sounds like fun. Two more weeks before I can finally take off.

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Great report. I’ve always loved Northern Nevada and the Great Basin country. June will find our small crew running the Lassen/Applegate Trail and your mention of the Sonora/Walker River Route just whets my appetite for more adventure out there.

I really need to sharpen my GPS skills beyond using my “street Garmin” or Maps.

Thanks!
Mighty Dodge Ram, thanks for the nice comment. The immigrant trails are so interesting to explore, especially out in places that have not suffered from development. Hope you have a great time on the Lassen/Applegate in June! :)

Although we may grouse about geocaching, we still mention it when we teach GPS skills. It makes an easy way to get out and practice your new skills and tgeocaches are everywhere. It makes a great way to get out with kids on a treasure hunt. Who doesn't like treasure? :)

craig333 said:
Geocaching for me started out fun but soon lost its appeal. Some people certainly get creative. I did one you had to kayak (boat, swim etc.) to get to. Sounds like fun. Two more weeks before I can finally take off.

Very interesting. Always wondered about Geocaching. However, it just didn't have the sex appeal. You may have been Geocaching, but the was really a cover for exploring some neat places[emoji16]

longhorn1 said:
Very interesting. Always wondered about Geocaching. However, it just didn't have the sex appeal. You may have been Geocaching, but the was really a cover for exploring some neat places[emoji16]
John, thanks for the nice comment and suspect you are correct. :)

Back
Top Bottom