Wandering the East: Newbie

RobNE

Advanced Member
Hey All,
Lots of great info here, a wealth of it.

I've searched this question and I can't find an answer: if your camper didn't come with an awning (in my case, I have a 2002 Eagle on a Tacoma pickup), the latches are only about 5ft apart. Is it possible to put a "box awning" on, after the fact, without moving the latches?

I've seen all the options people have mentioned, shady-boy, Kelty, home-brew, etc... all great and, depending on the answer(s) I get, one of those may be what I go with; Here in the NE, however, there are lots and lots and lots of bugs, especially in ME... one of my favorite places. Some box awnings have the ability of attaching a screen room, which is why i'm interested. So, i'm just trying to think ahead... perhaps too much thinking?

Any thoughts? Maybe mounting the awning on some type of custom brackets to clear the latches? But even then, i'm guessing the latches would need to fully retract/contract?

here's a pic, I know you guys love em'... no cool dessert vista, just downtown Plymouth, NH after sleeping behind a nearby Pub/Hotel!:)

Rob

Attachments

• FWC_Plymouth.jpg
    FWC_Plymouth.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 301
Hi Sunman,
Carefree of colorado makese screen rooms that attach. Some of the Fiamma's do as well (I believe the F35). An awning is the bigger priority, but thought I might try and killl two birds... it may not be practical.

I'm new to FWC'ing, but what i've learned so far is that space is a premium? At least it is in an eagle! :)
Rob

Just have to unscrew the latches, mount one on the rear and re mount the front side just past where the awning will be foward. Seal up the old holes.

Congrats on your Eagle.

Back
Top Bottom