Wandering the Wet West

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Just a teaser, and incentive for me to get off my duff and actually write up a trip report. We got home yesterday after being on the road/water since 9/11.

A terrible accident at Lake Powell... Striped bass for dinner...

21810045209_bce43b6498_c.jpg

So that's where you are Steve-poor excuse! Is that fish or a fake? We have only empty-or almost empty lakes here and fish are learning to swim in mud. Just kidding(almost) enjoy your fun and we expect a TR on water and water creatures :p !

Smoke

Besides the bass, that's a nice looking brace of C-Dorys in a great location. The high water marks on the surrounding hills shows how much water has gone over the dam. Even so, the water looks very clear. How warm is the water?

Is that orange line over the transom going to a generator on shore?

Paul

Paul, water was about 75° at most places, sometimes a bit more. The line is for a generator that we used for charging the battery we use with the Engel freezer, which worked great by the way.

We had a total of 14 dorys at the gathering. Good to see old friends...

GroovyDad said:
Looking forward to whole write up. Boy, that bathtub ring on the lake is high!
Yup, the lake was at about 3,600ish, with full pool around 3700. The internet says it's down 93 feet. Lots of new rocks to avoid, but the Castle Cut still had 25 feet when we pulled the boat.

Welcome to the Blog world, great start. Looking forward to the rest of the trip.

*You have a great head start bloging, you take great pictures.

Bill

We're waiting Mr. Sage...........Helicopters and stripers, CDories and your little girl on a Triumph........what happens next?

Enjoyed reading about your trips to Powell. I've been there twice when friends had a share on an '86 Kayot. Once the water level was at 3660 or so and the second time was around 3590. Because of the cultural resource/sacred significance of Rainbow Bridge they won't bring the it all the way up to 3700 again because that puts water under Rainbow Bridge and when you go up there they don't even want you to walk under it.

Mr. Sage. Great report. It is fun to come back from a trip and share with everyone on WTW. jd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom