Wandering the West - June 2023

Some amazing experiences had you! The Rockies can sure dish out nasty storms. Those petroglyphs are amazing. 1000 to 2000 years old, some are. Wow!

Thanks for part 4. That rock art looks like it can erode over the years.
Not as long lasting as the art you find in DV.

You sure had your share of rainy weather.
Sorry to hear about Ms Ted and not felling better.

Not a fun way to end a adventure or have to drive home knowing who
does the driving on their travels.
Frank

ski3pin said:
We headed south for warmth and sunshine and visited Dinosaur National Monument. Part Five covers this part of our adventure and can be found here -

Wander the West - June 2023 - Part Five

More to come and please enjoy! :)
Thanks for the ride along. I’m recently retired from 31 years in the classroom and chomping at the bit to adventure. Your trip reports inspire me. Would you mind sharing the type of photo equipment you use? I appreciate your plant photography coupled with the great landscape shots. Safe travels. Looking forward to part 5!

Outnabout said:
Thanks for the ride along. I’m recently retired from 31 years in the classroom and chomping at the bit to adventure. Your trip reports inspire me. Would you mind sharing the type of photo equipment you use? I appreciate your plant photography coupled with the great landscape shots. Safe travels. Looking forward to part 5!
Thank you for the kind comment and congratulations on your retirement. It is time to get out and have fun. For the photography in this trip report I used my Nikon Z6 and a Z mount 24-200mm lens.

ski3pin said:
Thank you for the kind comment and congratulations on your retirement. It is time to get out and have fun. For the photography in this trip report I used my Nikon Z6 and a Z mount 24-200mm lens.
Thanks for the photo info. Safe travels.

Thanks for part 5.People are so inconsiderate,yeah why didn't they get a group site?

Doesn't look like the CG at Dinosaur NM has changed much since our visit in 1981.

The sandstone cliffs and all the erosion is a feast for the eyes.
Gottla love the west for all the spectacular erosion effects.

Waiting for part 6.
Really appreciate all the time and info you put in your reports.
Frank

Thanks again.The City of Rocks nice formations.Looks like fun to climb around.

I think it's great that there are public museums that preserve all the history.
We have so much that went on back in the "old" days.

Keep the report coming we're all eyes.
Thanks again for taking the time to report.
Frank

I don't remember anyone puking in the fire engine in seven seasons. Patiently waiting for the next post.

You are an excellent writer. I thoroughly enjoyed your venture and brings back fond memories of the places you visited. 'Speed goats' and 'see mores'. Loved it.

Congrats on finishing both the trip and the report, both are quite a feat.

In reading the first lines of this last post, I thought to myself, "they are following the brown signs, I've always wanted to take a trip where I just followed the brown signs", and yes, keeping off the beaten tracks, heading to points of interest, and taking our time is always an aspiration, but never seems to be quite achievable, at least not yet, for whatever reason. It's something you've seemed to hit the sweet spot on while wandering the west during June 2023. I'll continue to aspire to a trip to follow the brown signs, have the ability to wander, and just arrive back "home" when the trip is over.

Thanks for the ride, and for taking the time to post the story, it's very appreciated.

Thanks Monte for the finishing part.
Quit a story as usual and very interesting.

On one of our trips I remember driving past the sign to the grave of "Pomp".

The stories about that exploration are always a treat to read.
Enjoy your hot temps at home.
Frank

Thx monte and julie ! i have not been up to the top of abert rim, just around it. on the map, the roads seem to be a bit bizy - hopefully not too bad .
am living vicariously through you guys. selling the house has kept me bizy, and combining 2 households into one, has been great for goodwill, ukrainian refuges, and others in the right place at right time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom