WanderTheWest Expo Overland Group Camp

JHanson said:
Incidentally, I'm 5'9" and fit anywhere. I have no sympathy for you tall guys - statistically you make more money and get more chicks.
At 6'9" I don't fit much of anywhere. I didn't fit well in your passenger seat in your little Tacoma when I volunteered in Asheville, or many small cars. I'm limited to larger more expensive clothing, a huge appetite, to bigger vehicles, taller ceiling fans, higher doorways. I feel like a bat sometimes. It's so natural for me to duck under everything it's like breathing, but when I miss missing...I too have some roof top scars. On the other hand I can find anyone in a crowd and see the tops of all of y'all's heads.

100acrehuphalump said:
It'd be nice to have a combination WTW and FWC camp area.
I'd love this too. I finally have time away from work to go to Overland Expo this year.
If any of you have ideas on where to do a group camp, we'd be interested in joining.

Been a while since I checked in. I'll be getting there Thursday to register and set up camp. I've never been to anything like this. So, how would we get together for a group site/area?

They're most likely gonna put all of us campers on the back 40. Out on the dry lake bed. I believe the American adventurist group is right near the beginning of the lake, near the outhouses and showers. Last year we were on the backside of the obstacle track , which I would recommend against. Way to much wind and dust. Here is a picture of what it resembles. The area in question is in the lower left.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 110
We will be in a red Wrangler w/black top, sporting a Nevada Wolfpack license plate frame out in the back 40.
Will we have cell service there?

John & Sharon

Cell reception varies. I think there is WiFi at the restaurant at the lake. I may be staying up in dispersed camping just in the NF about a mile away. No dust, lots of shade, and quiet. Last year the combination of the dust and smell of the Bison waste pond were nearly unbearable at times. The vendors and exhibitors have it made in the trees and the shade.

Well it seems the planets have aligned and I will be heading for southern Utah and the Expo extravaganza. I have never gone before so thanks for the heads up 100acre.

Guess I will try this camping area first only because it is close:

100acrehuphalump said:
Last year the combination of the dust and smell of the Bison waste pond were nearly unbearable at times.
And if necessary join you out in the forest.

A heads up for wanders: 10" of snow here today in Denver and up to 2 feet in the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom