Wanted small super light truck camper for 2016 tundra 4x4 trd off road regular bed, tell me your opi

thanks all looks good and need to make the truck ready maybe some trd bead locks will fit 17" with a better e range sidewall tire would like to get a secure frame connection for the four corners may go with some cots for the two dogs and I till then

2016 Toyota Tundra TRD off road 4x4 quad cab.

If you want to go light a shell is the way to go. I'd get it with as few add ons as possible. With my empty shell eagle the only thing I decided to add was a Wave 6 catalytic heater. I like having the camper as empty as possible for gear storage. Popping up for a nap is so easy I wouldn't worry about sleeping down below. By keeping it light I think it's easier on the truck and I can venture places where someone with a fully loaded camper may not go.

If you don't like the overhang of the stock models you might check with ATC to see if they can make one to your width requirements. We also have a dog and heat has not been a problem but we don't normally camp in weather much above 85-90. If it's hotter we go higher. Once left the dog in the camper all day while we were biking Titus canyon in Death Valley. Dropped the top, put some damp towels on the floor and left 2 windows open for ventilation. Daytime temps were in the 90's, when we got back to the truck and opened the camper it was probably 20 degrees cooler inside-poor mans evaporative cooling! Dog was fine, not even panting. Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Look into an all terrain camper ocelot.
I believe it is narrower/more compact than the others.
I could be wrong, as it has been a few years since we sold our tundra.
The trd fake bead locks from a rock warrior model show up on Craigslist often, they are the best 17" option for the tundra.

Thanks for the information. Looking still, to see if the trd beadlock will fit a 2016 dbl cab trd off road, some sales say they do, others don't. And waiting on a response from my dealer to see also. Have found a few sets of rims on eBay, most are local pickup so far, for used. And a ways away. Yet, new are around four hundred a rim. And at that price I would rather put a dot approved, actual beadlock on, like my atx slabs. May just go without, continue to wander the west, and the U.S.A., until I find one.

Try Tork Lift tie downs for frame mount and easy disconnect with their derringer or fast gun turn buckles. It beats crawling around checking turnbuckles through little windows in the camper.

My Hawk doesn't hang out past my fenders on my '13 Tundra. It has the Tundra floorpack from the factory so it sits at the right height above the bed rails

I have an 08 Eagle on a 2007 Ram. Had to build a platform to clear the bedrails and cab. I love the fact that it doesn't stick out. If my mirrors fit the camper fits. Stan from Four Wheel sent me a video on how to fit a small camper on a full size truck. Here it is.

Back
Top Bottom