Wanting To See Fwc Or Atc

Tom Rangitsch

Hi,

I've started looking for a slide-in camper and am interested in the FWC and the ATC models. I drive a 2009 Tacoma double cab long bed pick-up, so I am ideally looking for an Eagle or a Bobcat. My problem is that I live in the middle of Wyoming and am not close to any showrooms. I would like to see one of these in person before I drive a thousand miles to a dealership. Would anyone be willing to let me see their camper up close? I live in Lander, Wyoming.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Tom,

There is a member here from Lander that has a 1992 Ranger II on a Toyota T100.

He's down in Southern Colorado at a FWC rally this weekend.

Not the exact thing you're looking to see, but he is a nice and helpful guy and would probably be willing to show you what he's got and at least give you a feel for what you're looking for.

His screen name is KCOWYO - I'd at least send him a PM.

Ron

You might contact Marty at ATC and Stan at FWC to see if they have someone near you with a Bobcat or an Eagle that you could look at.
http://www.allterraincampers.com/Home_Page.html
http://www.fourwh.com/

I own a Bobcat on a 2006 Tacoma Extended cab and couldn't be happier, but there is no substitute for actually seeing one up close. Look at the posts on 'Trial Run' and 'Bobcat with a Dinette' to see some of what our Bobcat looks like inside and out.

Hi,

I've started looking for a slide-in camper and am interested in the FWC and the ATC models. I drive a 2009 Tacoma double cab long bed pick-up, so I am ideally looking for an Eagle or a Bobcat. My problem is that I live in the middle of Wyoming and am not close to any showrooms. I would like to see one of these in person before I drive a thousand miles to a dealership. Would anyone be willing to let me see their camper up close? I live in Lander, Wyoming.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

FWC occasionally sends campers eastward to dealers or buyers. I wonder if you could intercept the driver on one of the deliveries to see a camper first hand? You might want to ask Stan at FWC if this would even be possible. It would still mean traveling, but might save you some miles.

I bought my Eagle sight unseen, based in large part on reading most of the posts on this forum. I met the FWC driver at the Wal-Mart in Albuquerque, where they did the camper installation. The cost of delivery was about the same as the tax I would have had to pay for delivery in California.

I've been a happy camper since then, but I can certainly understand you wanting to see one before you buy.

Thanks for the leads. I will definitely try to contact the people you all mentioned.

I don't think I have read a negative comment about the FWC or the ATC slide-ins, except when people are comparing one to the other. Does anyone have anything they don't like about the campers or that they wish they would have done differently? I do think they look like excellent products, but constructive criticism is sometimes pretty useful.

Thanks again,

Tom

Scott Bailey posted his impressions on his Panther, both good and bad. You'll have to search the forum (ATC) for it but it may be helpful. IMHO, it depends on what you want in the camper: what is necessary for you and what isn't. The FWC Eagle starts with more standard equipment than the ATC Bobcat. The Eagle also starts at a higher price. Differences in appliances are minimal, Eagle has hinged doors while the Bobcat has sliding doors, layout is pretty much the same, there is some difference in treatment of the windows in the pop up section. I decided what I wanted in the camper and went with ATC because they would build it that way. In fact Marty and Jeff implemented changes I wanted in the basic plan, but only after they were sure they would work. I think either camper is well built and will last through use (and abuse). You could buy a shell and outfit it however you want in which case it might be a purely monetary decision.

Everyone wants their camper a little different but there are a few things we agree on. You definitely want the fantastic fan. I think with only one exception, you want the heater. Make sure everything you don't want is prewired for when you change your mind down the road :D

Tom - I can help.

I'd be glad to show you my FWC, even though it's a little hammered from Colorado and older than the new models. But it will give you an idea about the size & space in a small slide-in camper.

I should be in town this week if you'd like to see it. I'll PM you my email & cell # -

- KC

This one might be of interest to you:
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2410/

The chief negative about FWC and ATC is difficulty fitting one of these campers to your truck, and vice-versa. Stepped floor pacs are designed and made to fit truck bodies more closely then most other campers.

Back
Top Bottom