Water in DV

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
Anyone know if you can tank up on water in Panamint Springs?

We have only used the RV water station in Furnace Creek, and I believe there's bulk water in Stovepipe Wells.

Racking my brain and I cannot remember getting water at PSR but I'd guess you can. If you're coming in from the west the Interagency Center in Lone Pine is a good place to get water as is the Bishop Ranger/Forest station.

Bring a water hose. I was there last March and had to use my short drain hose to fill up my five gallon jugs and then pour those into the FWC water inlet. A slightly longer hose, say 10" would have allowed me to run the hose from the faucet directly into the tank. I am pretty sure they had water available at PSR.

PaulT said:
Yes!!!! these are great!!!

camco_rv_water_tank_filler_with_hose_1125519_1_og.jpg

Thanks for the inputs. We will probably bring a short RV hose. I've found if I'm patient, I can milk the hose up and around the propane tank for storage. So far, we haven't used it but once. I also carry an adapter for non-threaded spigots common in campgrounds.

Still not sure about Panamint Springs for water, but like the idea of dashing out to Lone Pine to get gas and water midway through a longer trip. East side choices of Beatty or Parumph aren't much better, although gas would be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom