Water sloshing out of sink/fauset?

Advmoto18

Out on a 2+ month long trip out west.

Just traveled down 50 miles of dirt road. Not too rough but not smooth either. Upon reaching a gas station, I opended the camper door to get a bottle of water and discovered water covering the floor. I also discovered about and inch of water in the sink. I removed the exterior drain cap and a lot of water drained out.

Vertical value was open (parallel to line), horizontal valve was closed... normal ops. I had the faucet valves cracked open a bit.

I'm wondering if the rough road caused a near full water tank to vent water out the faucet into the sink and sloshing water everywhere?

If so, I'm wondering if it would be best to close both valves and the faucet valves when traveling rough roads? I have a leaky faucet, but not as leaky as the amount of water I witnessed.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Questions? Why would you drive with the hot and cold water knobs open? If you are talking about the knobs in the cabinet, the vertical one is for the outdoor shower and the horizontal is for back flow from the hot water tank. That back flow should and based on what you stated they are in the correct position. I would never have the faucets open except when using or in the winter after winterizing. Was you water pump on? jd

I know on my faucet, the most basic one, the handle has a 'lock' position on it. It's stamped ever so lightly on the side. I think up is locked.

I dont drive with the faucet valves open...normally. But my wife opened them Unbeknownst to me. The second time it happened, yesterday evening, the valves were securely closed. But I do have a steady drip if faucet line is not drained (even with water pump off).

Nope, not the shower valves behind the drawer. The sink faucet valves.

advmoto18
The second time did it still leak into the sink? Or was the water on the floor?

On my old FWC, I used to get some leaking from the tank fill tube when I overfilled the water tank.

Thx Jim!

I agree, I think the water was in the fill tube. Leaving the faucet valves open likely allowed the excess water to drain into the sink so it sloshed out.

No issues since and many miles of rough roads.

Back
Top Bottom