Water tank drain in 1997 Granby - drips constantly

hpcbmw

Advanced Member
My 1997 Granby has a water drain on the driver side middle. This is to drain the fresh water holding tank. The tank is apparently mounted behind the electrical panel, just forward of the sink.

There is about a 2" hole in the exterior bottom lip of the camper (just above the truck bed rail) and inside this hole, inset about 2-3", is the nipple for the drain valve. When I got the camper, the PO had a plastic pipe with a faucet end attached to it. I never filled the water tank, so dont know if this dripped or not. This broke off when I bumped it mounting the camper. I unscrewed the plastic pipe and tried to find a replacement. It appears to be a 3/8" thred plastic pipe, looks to be coarse thred. I bought a replacement pipe, but can't get it to seal. When peaking up into the hole, it looks like the drain with the threds on it is angled a little bit, and the threds look messed up. Since it's inset 2-3" in a 2" hole, it's very hard to get to.

Any ideas on how to get a valve on this? When I've screwed on a different valve, it just leaks from the threds.

Thanks for any ideas.

I have the same issue....tighten up the plug some and I bet you will see a hair line crack....
I figure I'll just glue it up for now...lots of tanks don't even have drains so it can't be the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom