Water tank draincock leak - 2002 eagle

RovingFalconer

Advanced Member
Hi all. Just bought an eagle model and the water tank leaks at the very bottom where the draincock sticks out of the camper near the truck bedrails. It leaks because the metal draincock is loose and can easily be pulled out by hand. Can anyone tell me how this piece is supposed to secure up inside to the bottom of the fresh water tank? My draincock is not threaded. It has a flanges metal “male” post that sticks up into the “female” white plastic opening of the water tank. Not sure if my male or female part is stripped...? Pics attached (it’s messy because I tried silicone).

Attachments

• 58461952-4130-4F4B-83E9-719A266B1337.jpeg
    58461952-4130-4F4B-83E9-719A266B1337.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 7A0B1260-A706-44DA-8159-77CCE667307A.jpeg
    7A0B1260-A706-44DA-8159-77CCE667307A.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 84
Looks like the top uses a hose and hose clamp.
Why it pulled out is possibly due to a PO attempting to stop a leak. I think you should send those pics to the factory and ask them their opinion of what can be done to fix this problem. Hopefully the tank is not compromised....

You most likely are going to remove the cabinet cover to get to the water tank bottom. The nipple on the bottom of the tank is threaded and should have a hose that extends down to the outside to attach a proper valve. I believe what you have in your hand is a home made extension with a barb on the end that was just shoved up into the white tube that needs some kind of clamp to make it leak proof.

I'm in agreement with pvstoy regarding a prior owner attempted fix. I have a 2001 Eagle and I'm pretty sure the water system is the same as your 2002. Your draincock should be threaded into the bottom of the water tank. Since the tank system is not pressurized like later models you might be able to come up with an acceptable fix (maybe epoxy a fitting to the tank) but will need to break into the cabinet to extract the tank. The alternative is to abandon the water system and use one of those disposable rectangular plastic water jugs they sell in the water section of most large grocery stores. Just set it on the counter top above the sink.

I just posted my suggestion in the other water tank thread.... I'd say replace the tank. Don't "band aid" it as you may need water at some point and you don't want it to fail.

The hose barb someone used appears to be a air hose fitting. Get the proper parts and you should be fine. Make sure any hoses/sealant is compatible with potted water use

Back
Top Bottom