Wave 3 Heater glitch

N'kwala

Geezelle
As far as I can figure there isn't much can go wrong with one of these, but mine has become reluctant to light. I'm pretty sure it's actually the propane intake--When I turn it on sometimes I hear and smell gas and sometimes not. It lights fine and stays lit as long as I follow instructions when the gas comes through and doesn't light when it doesn't. My stove and furnace work fine, so I'd gather it's likely beyond the linkage with the propane line?

I'm reluctant to try to work on this myself, and besides it's still under warranty. I'd value suggestions re service in the Sacramento area, please.

N'kwala, the propane supply is pretty simple and is tied in right at the supply to the furnace. If the furnace is getting propane, the same would be for the wave 3. Since the problem is intermittent, I would suspect that the main control - black knob that you push to start - is not always opening the internal propane valve. Hope this helps. Maybe someone down the hill can suggest help in the Sacramento area. Best of luck.

Yes, there's a thermocouple. But I suspect Ski3 has called it and that it's the main control. It's kinda acted like it had something to do with my turning it.

Thanks for advice. I think there are a couple of RV outfits near me that sell and service these. I'll do some phoning around.

BTW, I've now been out on 4 trips with the camper and like it more every time. It stood up to some wild rain in Oregon a couple nights back.

Fyreman said:
Is there a thermocouple on one of these?
Yes there is and here is a link to the user guide plus parts list - link

N'kwala said:
Yes, there's a thermocouple. But I suspect Ski3 has called it and that it's the main control. It's kinda acted like it had something to do with my turning it.

Thanks for advice. I think there are a couple of RV outfits near me that sell and service these. I'll do some phoning around.

BTW, I've now been out on 4 trips with the camper and like it more every time. It stood up to some wild rain in Oregon a couple nights back.
Glad you are getting out and about and are enjoying your camper! That makes us so happy!

Thanks Ski3, actually I have a copy of the user guide, given to me by some considerate folks when I got the camper. :) I keep all the manuals and documentation with me when I travel.

I also carry and distribute business cards for ATC to the folks who tell me what a nifty camper it is.

Back
Top Bottom