We took the leap!!

georgem

Advanced Member
:D After lurking for some time here on WTW, we finally took the leap and ordered a pop-up camper. Ben tells me they expect to be able to install our Panther on the 23rd of January!!

Hope we get a chance to bump into some of you out there. As I posted before, EdoHart actually came to our office to show us his Hawk. SunMan just came through our stomping grounds enroute to Big Sur (we're going to be there on our inaugural run). He was so close he could have stopped for coffee! Ed, I'll be showing off the brand-new Panther once we get it home.

Congrats, waiting is half the fun.........The camping begins.

Ben is good people...

Congratulations! I'm pleased with my ATC; you will be too. Welcome to the club!

What truck do you have?

SB

Welcome GeorgeM...bummer... you're just missin' the Death Valley Rally. Starting to get some FWC/ATC saturation up there in the Santa Maria/Lompoc area!! Congrats on your new aquisition!

thanks for the welcome folks!

we are certainly anxious for the camping...we do regret not being up and running for the Death Valley trip, we'll be looking for more gatherings as that has been on our list for some time. We want to get out there this spring.

Scott, we're driving a 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4...ride-rite airbags are being added as soon as they get here...no other mods...guessing we'll figure those out as we go...haven't seen any Titans in this group, so will be interested in how we hold up to all the trucks out there

Star152, those good vibes you'll be feeling the weekend of the 23rd will be us heading south to Big Sur from Clear Lake on the inaugural run!

George

George happy trails clear lake I'm feeling a fishing trip in the near future.

options

DLN,

we're pretty much going all-out

refer, furnace, roof vent, extra window and slider, water pump, jacks, awning, screen door, arctic pack, aux battery and 110 system and wiring for solar later

as i'm reviewing the list, might be easier to tell you what i DIDN'T order:eek:

Glad to hear it.

Congratulations. I'm glad it's on order (and not too long of a wait either). I look forward to seeing it, though I'm sure you're much more eager than I am. Are you getting the powered roof vent? I don't remember if we talked about getting the second roof vent over the bed, but if you didn't order that, you may want to consider it and get that option added before the build gets too far along.

From what I've heard, you may wish to forgo the arctic pack as well and make your own or have one made.

Ah, well....

AP is OK. Kinda pricey for what it is, though.

I'd start with the solar, though. Cheaper elsewhere, though.

We bought 2 powered vents. This was, for us, the right thing to do.

In hindsight, I'd have skipped the 110v system--we don't really use it--as well as the extra window--I'd have built a cabinet there instead.

Oh yeah, the Titan sounds cool! Can't wait to see pics!

arctic pac and solar

the decision on the arctic pac resulted from not living close enough to Scott:D he looked pretty handy at that sewing machine making his own! 'm not inclined or nearly handy enough to sew my own

we did go with two vents, but only one is powered

the solar will come...I have a friend who makes a living installing photovoltaic systems for farmers and ranchers...i'll tap into that resource in the future...until then at least we'll be pre-wired

we went with the 110, an extravagance, for those rare occasions we expect to have power available to plug into...so Scott, how does that air conditioning unit work out? our desert trips thus far have been fall and winter, but i'm thinking there may get to be summer trips...some of the folks we go with bring generators and air conditioning now seems like an available option:cool:

main thing for us right now is to get used to having our camper, finding out what works for us, and making modifications as needed...i'm seeing what Marc Ingalls did with his sofa, and what Scott did with his, so we are already
looking in that direction...don't expect to have many people over for dinner

Star152

Star152,

sent you a PM yesterday hoping to get info from you regarding Clear Lake. from your experience, are reservations necessary this time of year?

:eek: buy an off-road camper and have to worry about making reservations! exactly what we wanted to get away from.

Not so well in direct sun...

so Scott, how does that air conditioning unit work out?

It'll do about 15 degrees in direct sun without the arctic pack but the top popped. If you can find some shade...

Back
Top Bottom