Week in Jefferson and Pisgah NF

Jollyrogers

We had a week off and once my dog sitting son returned from some rock climbing we headed out for some camping and exploring. Originally where going to drag the bike along but decided not to this time. Plan was to make our way to NC and spend some time around Linville area.

First day we stopped in Jefferson NF off I81 exit 168 and after some exploring, settled in near North River for the night. Unfortunately we had an unwanted visitor around 2230 that woke us thinking to camp in our spot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442438096.039841.jpg
Next we headed south and found a spot back in the Pisgah NF off of NC-181 next to a creek. Had fun watching crayfish and feeding fish some leftover biscuits.
Next morning we headed to Linville amd explored Linville Falls and found the gorge and a great camp spot.

Trying to upload additional photos and I get to large. No plan to host elsewhere as it's just to much a pain on my phone....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442438180.037357.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442438180.037357.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 121
So here is an attempt to load additional photos:
Chimney falls
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442438588.193681.jpg
Camp spot on FR1248/Countyline Rd near Wisemans View Upload fails

So I had more photos, but just giving up on that and will just summarize from here.

Ok so we camped and explored some more. It was fun. Linville Gorge is breath taking. Hawksbill and Tablerock are really nice and a great short hike with some good spots for climbers. Spent some time visiting family in Granite Falls, great food and beer at the local brewery. Then back towards home via the BRP, stopping at Rocky Knob/gorge and camped the night in their campground getting to test the heat that night/morning. And finally home 7 days later. Camper and truck did great. Easy to find water to fill tank on BRP, so we had showers daily. Wish I had a month vice a week...

Cheers.

Jollyrogers, put the pictures in your WTW gallery and link from there. I will try from the phone to make sure it can be done, I do mine from the Mac.

I'll look into it from my phone. I don't use the computer much unless doing bills ;-)

ETA: seems I can't find how to get to that through tapatalk...

Jollyrogers,
You guys ever make it to Judaculla Rock near Cullowhee? I remember visiting it with the Boy Scouts in the late '50s. Was surprised to see what appeared to be marine animals along with the other petroglyphs carved into the rock.
Apparently, because it is soapstone, it has deteriorated quite a bit over the years.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom