Weight on roof

Mitchellfried

I'm just wondering what you guys think is a safe weight to put on the roof and not damage the roof of hydraulics. I have a 1972 Alaskan non cab over.

Thank you

IMG_0922.JPG
That depends on how you are loading the roof, each cylinder will have a rated lift capacity (Not sure what that is) multiply by 4 and subtract the upper section along with anything in the cupboards, with that how are your brackets mounted and what shape is the hardware and wood and how are you distributing your load. I have a solar panel, black pvc pipe holding water at about 38 pounds and the Canoe I am going to mount a cargo rack on the truck roof for the pontoon boat and chairs.

you did a nice job on the refurb Willys.....very nice ;)

Whatever you load on the roof....max boat weight is 250# per Alaskan....and even distribution of the weight

Alaskan regularly installs solar/AC and did have a boat rack for a while.....Eide had an Alaskan rack as well...no longer since the company changed hands

Having this very conversation on another thread

Thanks Rusty, we leave on the First to Barkerville then the Rockies to play in the Glaciers. the roof rack I built seems to take the load well and keeps the brush off the Camper it gives the solar panel some distance from the roof and no screw holes. I saw the other post as well.

Back
Top Bottom