Well we are officially back in the fold....

pvstoy

After selling off the truck and camper back in 2009 we have made the decision to buy used.

"Durango1" was asking a lot of questions on purchasing a new truck and camper, so I contacted him to the demise of his existing set up.

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab with flatbed 2015 FWC Hawk. This is our third FWC camper.

I asked my gal after showing her the floor plan of the flatbed and did some sales pitching and she was on board!

After living in a 17' Casita trailer that has a big side dinette window this would be similar, but smaller.

We flew to Durango Colorado stayed and visited a friend. Meet Steve and his gal Friday and made the purchase. Steve and his gal was a pleasure to deal with as you would expect being a WTW member.

Saturday we took it home. 915 miles, 16.5 hours in one sitting. It is indoors in our shop that has a 9 foot door access.

We are excited about how much more room and storage there is in a flatbed model. And now the personal modifications can commence.

Of course a image that Steve provided from his trip to the White Rim area. or else somebody would post this saying.

worthless pictures.jpg
Cheers...........

Attachments

• pat flatbed hawk-Resized.jpg
    pat flatbed hawk-Resized.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 118
Timothy McGowen said:
Congrats. Glad that we can recycle in this group. Out of curiosity, how much clearance do you have with that nine foot door?

16' wide and 8'10" tall. Said camper is 8'5" top of vent but need to confirm.

Congratulations Patrick and Carol. Looking forward to checking out a flatbed next time we see you. Going to keep the Casita?

Thanks Ski and Ted. Ted we see no reason to hold onto the Casita. Should get about what we paid for it and would be nice to recoup funds to help pay for the FWC. We are looking forward to running around with you guys.

Looks cool, Patrick.
I seriously debated the flatbed option, before buying a Sprinter for work and ultimately a camper build at retirement.
It will be fun to see how you utilize the setup. Nice aluminum flatbed with boxes.

That's a huge cab. Plenty of room for all the gear?
I like my access cab to keep my pelican box within reach at a moments notice.

Andy that back seat was also a selling point. It is huge, 3 big people could ride back there conformable. Working out back seat lockable slide out boxes. Yes we are good to deploy screen for photography and travel presentations. Honda 1,000 wt will work until 110 vac inverter and solar.

Back
Top Bottom