West Dolores River region of the San Juan Mountains

Bosque Bill

There is a new adventure posted on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog:

Dolores Ranger District, San Juan National Forest, Colorado
June 24th to 27th

One adventure in two posts.

I wanted to escape the heat of central New Mexico and head for the cool mountains of Colorado. My idea was spend a few days in the southwest portion of the San Juan Mountains exploring the area around the West Dolores River where I never been. I didn't intend to stay long, just a few days, not even through the weekend. This was a quick decision as I realized the following week would be part of the July 4th holiday get-away for lots of others, and I wanted to avoid those crowds.

Remember to click on a photo to see larger versions - this also will allow you to read the description I’ve added to the photos.

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2015/07/san-juan-mountains-co-june-2015-part-1.html

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2015/07/san-juan-mountains-co-june-2015-part-2.html

Another nice place I've never been! Enjoyed the bee too :D ! Ah so many places to see ----and so little time, so thanks for this site and all of those who share their adventures with those of us who despite out best efforts can't see everything!

Smoke

longhorn1, N'kwala, takesiteasy, Smokecreek1, highz, and Basin Deranged,

Thank you for your nice comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed the report.

Bill

Bill thanks for the report. We are heading west in a month or so and pics were so good I think we will do some of your trip. Thanks agin. Mitch

Great trip report BB. I'm from New Mexico and I especially related to your stopping for red and green chile. Those who aren't from NM can't really appreciate our chile addiction. They roast chile once a year here in Reno and I plan my month around it.

Do you fish at all? I see you were near some really good looking streams that would be hard to pass by without wetting a line.

Mitch, Frank, Sagebrush, thanks for commenting

GroovyDad said:
Do you fish at all? I see you were near some really good looking streams that would be hard to pass by without wetting a line.
Thanks. No I don't fish, did long ago. Curiously I didn't see anyone fishing those waters.

Bosque Bill, wonderful photos and story. You are so lucky to be close to so many nice areas and have such great skills to share your travels with us! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom