Western NM & Eastern AZ - Season Finale Trip

Bosque Bill

Hello Friends,

My season finale trip is now posted on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog.

This trip was 5 nights and 6 days, but I have broken it into 3 parts for easy reading. There is a link at the end of the first two parts leading you to the next. Or you can jump to any using the links below.

Part 1 - Central NM including The Catwalk
https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2021/11/season-finale-nm-az-october-2021-part-1.html

Part 2 - Along the Gila River
https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2021/11/season-finale-nm-az-october-2021-part-2.html

Part 3 - Into Arizona
https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2021/11/season-finale-nm-az-october-2021-part-3.html

Remember, click on any photo for a larger version. This is especially true for a few of the extra wide panoramas I included this time. And of course the two spherical panoramas are best full-screen.

Bill- Thanks for the inspiring photos and dialogue. What a great TR!! Can't believe you saw all that in 6 days.

Happy winter!!

Wonderful Trip! I traveled part of that route in 2019 but was unaware of the Catwalk. We'll go back.

I visited Water Canyon then in my search for an elusive warbler. Just below the campground at a puddle in the dry creek, there he was! The red faced Warbler I'd been looking for. Also found Graces Warbler and Painted Redstart at other spots not far away.

Enjoy your reports very much. Your photographs add so much. Thank you.

Bill, you sure find nice places to go, especially for your year end trip! I sure enjoy your TR's and can't 'till next years romps! The closest I've ever been to most of those areas was on a return trip from Florida in 1969 in my old VW---that is if you don't count the 16 months I spent in the Army at Fort Huachuca, Arizona in 1964-65-never got to New Mexico and all those points east you play in, but sure enjoyed hiking around southern Arizona back then. I still remember what and old sergeant telling me once, that the longer you stay in that country the harder it is to leave and your TR's sure remind me why. A trip back to the SW is on my bucket list :cool:!

Smoke

Thanks Bill! We really want to get back to that part of the country and don’t know how we missed those beautiful spots but hope to find them when we return. The photos are fantastic!

Excellent trip report !! and your detailed comments are very informative. those butterflies were nice to see.
safe travels
go

hey, i noticed that you carry a ladder on the back of your camper. what do u use the ladder for??

Thanks for reading my trip report and taking the time to comment: Ronin, Frank, JWL, Vic, searching, and...

Stray Dog - Water Canyon not at all birdy this trip, but I've heard good things about the location

Smoke - yes, come explore NM it's very different from AZ (for the most part)

go - the light-weight ladder is to help set up my home made shade awning (and for emergencies.) The awing is a tarp I can suspend from the roof and tent poles. It can shade the upper portion of the camper sides, unlike permanently mounted designs that attach below the pop-up section.

Back
Top Bottom