Wet bath in aluminum-framed pop-up?

JJ1

Advanced Member
Hi - My wife and I are in the process of upgrading (downsizing!) from our Class C. Once it sells, I'll be in the market for a 3/4-ton pickup and a pop-up camper. I want an aluminum frame for moisture resistance and durability for mild-moderate offroading, and my wife would be MUCH happier with a dedicated wet bath instead of the FWC solution of pooping in the aisle and showering in the dining room. Haha...I'm not knocking their ingenious design and I'd be fine with it if I were alone, but I know she'll travel with me more often if there's an actual wet bath.

I've emailed Phoenix and their wet bath floor plan looks good. FWC said they don't have a wet bath option - just their self-contained design. ATC hasn't replied yet.

Are there any other brands I should consider for an aluminum-framed wet-bath pop-up slide-in truck camper? Or even any other considerations in general about having a wet bath in a pop-up?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hrm...I didn't realize they had a wood-free option. They seem to be a little heavier (and nicer) than other options. Do you know what the setup and take-down time is for Hallmarks? Do you have to walk around the camper and tuck in the fabric before latching it down?

Select the camper first and then get the right truck with the payload to handle the load. If you want a wet bath, you need at least a 3/4 ton long-bed. Remember, you're hauling the weight of the camper plus everything else you put into the camper and the truck.

The Hallmark looks to be a quality product. A bit heavier than the FWC or ATC, but it meets your wet bath requirement. I'd have to see one in person because I question if an adult can fit in the Loo and still close the door.

JJ1 said:
Hrm...I didn't realize they had a wood-free option. They seem to be a little heavier (and nicer) than other options. Do you know what the setup and take-down time is for Hallmarks? Do you have to walk around the camper and tuck in the fabric before latching it down?
I don't have a Hallmark; just a long time researcher of options on the market. Not much help with your questions, but Hallmark has been helpful the few times I have spoken to them on the phone in the past.

Hallmark Very Nice Campers , been to their factory! If I had the right Truck & a Garage with a tall enough door it's what I would own.

Have a FWC, you can drop over $30k on a Hallmark, but they Make a NICE RIG!!

There are other options. :)

Portapotty.jpg

Not sure that they offer what you're looking for, but also check out Outfitter campers.

Back
Top Bottom