What did you do to your camper this winter?

kmcintyre

I always see postings about winterizing but not spring-ing your camper.

I've been busy with my Eagle and thought I'd see what others have been doing (either upgrading, maintenance, etc.).

So far on my camper (prior to this winter) I've done the following (this is in < 1 year since I've had it).
New vinyl sides and lift panels (ATC did this)
Installed new roof fabric
Resealed all roof screws
Installed new fantastic fan
Installed (had made) new cushion covers/upholstery
Installed new bed mattress and upholstery
Installed in new floor
Installed in new bench seat wood and stained it
Installed usb charging ports and 12v lighter port
Installed in heater (digital) thermostat
Installed CO and LPG detector
Installed Blue Seas battery separator
Installed new LED lights
Re-did all wiring from truck to camper using Anderson quick-disconnects and heavy gauge wire

This winter:
Installed new AGM battery
Removed old counter tops and installed new corian (1/2") - that was a job but while everything was out I had a chance to check all connections, etc. and replace tubing, etc.
Removed and re-installed refrigerator (to do counter tops), cleaned, serviced, installed new jet, added insulation, cleaned burners and flue
Resealed all screws, seams, etc. around vents by refrigerator
Purchased new solar panel (foldable)

I think that's it and it's been crazy; fun at times, frustrating at times. As you do one thing, you see something else you need/want to do but I hopefully am done for a while although I want to re-paint the outside plywood and reseal it (next winter).

We're taking it out in March to Death Valley so that will be a test to see if everything still works.

Kevin

Wow....I'm impressed and embarrassed.
Did you just retire?
My "spring-ing" consisted of a exterior mounted beer bottle opener and some interior stick on 3M hooks.

Retired a few years ago and was looking for a FWC for a long time. The one I bought, obviously needed some upgrades. I haven't done the beer opener install yet though! I suspect your camper didn't need all that mine did.

On our 2003 Hawk: new battery. Replaced the leaky faucet. Replaced the LP Gas detector. Replaced the Water/Battery Monitor. Oh, and then sold it.

On our 2014 Hawk: installed solar panel and charge controller (thanks Ski3pin and Barking Spider). Flushing water tank and burning in heater currently in progress. Still to come in the next week (or two) install digital thermostat, replace exterior light bulbs with LED's, stove igniter, bug screen over heater vent, and shelving in storage cabinets.

Does it count if over the winter I removed the interior of my Airstream Caravel so now we are down to the bare frame, bare outer shell, and no bellypan? I'm getting ready to install the new floor over the repaired frame. I'll feel like I'm making progress when the floor is in. :love:
full

The before picture. All that is gone now. All of it needs to be rebuilt.
This is what happens when your wife says "You need a project!"

I've done nothing but put the camper in the garage. It's been way too cold to do any work out there! I'm itching to get at it though. No major projects but some maintenance is needed. And I'm thinking about going the solar panel route.

I'm riding it like a rented mule. Actually, no mods and no camping to date. Clean up from storm damage has been a full time job and I've been using the truck/camper as a construction vehicle. No end in sight for the clean up and reconstruction.

After our typical DV and beyond trip over Christmas, I pulled off the Hawk and it's been on a dolly in the garage.
Lucky for me, if I park the dolly in the right spot, I can pop the top inside the garage.

120watt solar panel & controller is now installed. FWC let me down with broken wires and lack of accountability.
I also installed a 12v / USB charging station before the holidays (previously described).

Itching to get back out there! SR is recovering from her knee surgery, and we are looking at the calendar counting the weeks until she will be able to safely climb in/out of the camper and loft (aka the bed).

I ordered a Thermal kit and I need to install it. I also ordered a port a potty for my wife.

We take the camper to the snow for ski trips. After tracking in lots of snow from our boots I had a " great "idea. I layed down a layer of reflextex on the floor. Then went to the big box hardware and bought rubber mats with holes in it. The snow and water would flow down the holes and our feet would stay warm and dry.

Went to Manning Provincial park last week to give it a try. Worked just as I envisioned....except..... The mats really stank. Think of every tire store you've been in. Then add the heater blowing on the mats. Eyes watering I tossed them out of the camped for the duration. I'm hoping they lose the smell but ...

Back
Top Bottom