What do you do to winterize your FWC?

idahoron

My last week in my camper was cold. I had my drain hose from the sink froze on me. So I am thinking I am going to stop using my water tank and use a small water container. But I am thinking I am going to use low pressure air and blow the system and add RV antifreeze to the tank. Should I run the antifreeze through the lines?

I You Blow It Out (Like I Also Do) No Need To Add The Anti-Freeze. Obviously, Don't Forget To Drain The Hot Water Tank. Because I Live At 4300Ft I Also Suck The Last Little Bit Out Of The Bottom Of The Tank With A Baster. It's Been In The Low 20'S Here At Night. Just My .02 Worth

I don't have a hot water tank. I am planning to use it several more times but I do need to winterize.

I run antifreeze thru my lines as suggested by FWC staff. He advised that if you want to be certain there will not be any surprises in the springs .... You need to use antifreeze

camelracer said:
I take mine to Baja.
Dick
I like your method the best :) ! There are a whole bunch of threads on this subject on this site, but for one who leaves it on the truck and uses it year round, # 1 for me, is always remember to drain the water/hotwater tanks the minute you get home!

Smoke

Not a damn thing. Advantage of living where it rarely freezes. If I am visiting someplace cold in the winter I'm running the heater. So far I I haven't frozen anything other than the outside spigot.

Back
Top Bottom